It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #1

mkjmj HB User
Lump in back of neck below hairline

Hi

I am having this lum/bump/tight knot on the slightly right side on back of the neck, below the skull.

Its been there for over 2 months. This results in chronic ppain the the neck area, although the pain is not severe, but rather dull.

The knot or lump is more long than it is circular. On pressing it, the area flattens and seems that there is no lump. after sometime, it reapears. on palpating, it does not feel like a sponge or something. its more like a hard tissue below the skin.

Would apreciate if someone can provide some solution to this. Is it arthritis, lymph swelling, muscle spasm, tumor.

Old 11-07-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
Inactive

taurus3 HB User
Re: Lump in back of neck below hairline

I call these fibro knots. I get them in many places but especially in the neck area. Rubbing them out seems to help. I also find going to a chiropractor and also getting acupuncture releases the knots. The knots get worse with too much caffeine and get better with flexaril.

But of course if it doesn't go away bring it to your docs attention. It could be a cyst or another type of growth.

Hope you feel better soon. I get mine in the sides of my neck sometimes and I feel like Frankenstein with bolts sticking in my neck. LOL

-Andy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

DecLady HB User
Re: Lump in back of neck below hairline

I think I have that same lump. I have shown it to two docs and both thought it was just a response of a glad to an infection...I have had this same lump on and off since I was in my 20's..and now I am 51. So, I think an interesting hypothisis would be if this if fibro related, and if fibro is caused by a virus-as some think it may be, then I have been infected with this at least all of my adult life! Certainly ask your doc to examine it..you never know for sure what things like this are..but it sounds just the same as the one I have.

Closed Thread