It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User
I feel like I'm giving up...

I am in so much pain all the time, and the fatigue is so hard sometimes that I have to call in sick to work. I find myself going into a haze at work sometimes and feel like I'm crying all the time. Of course sometimes I'm better, but other times, (like tonight) I just feel like checking out. Not suicide or anything, but hopeless and alone. Does anyone ever feel like that? It would really help to hear how some of you get through your hard days.

Also, are there any vitamins or natural supplements that help you? I take magnesium, multi-vitamin, malic acid, paxil, claritin, glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM and ambien, but I know my body, and it's telling me it's deficient in something, but I can't tell what. Please help, I need a friend!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 12:14 AM   #2
(female)

tutti-fruti HB User
Re: I feel like I'm giving up...

Hey, hope you are feeling better today. I live in Greece so it's morning time here, you are probably sleeping. Well I know how hard this illness can be and I really don't get exactly what it is that triggers these flares. I also call in sick work sometimes and feel awful and very insecure about it. Yesterday I went to the hairdresser after work to colour and cut my hair and that took about 2 hours. When I got back home I was sooooo tired and after a while I started becoming sooooo sore everywhere ! Woke up slightly better from the pain today, but I feel exhausted totally exhausted. I'm still all sore and feel that if I tire myself more, I'll just go down the drain. I wish I didn't have to work everyday, I think that if I had stayed home today, I would have rested and felt a bit better. Anyway take care my friend, you are not alone, and hope you will feel much better. As for supplements, I take magnesium (2 per day), cod fish oil (also 2 per day). Nothing more. Do supplements really help? every time I ask a doctor the answer is : it doesn't hurt. So ...

Last edited by tutti-fruti; 11-19-2004 at 12:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

Izzybella HB User

Last edited by Izzybella; 08-01-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #4
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your feedback and your support. I know we all go through those days, and it probably goes hand in hand with the pain level. I appreciate your help!

Old 12-10-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi there, sorry your feeling down. just think we have bad days and good. ive ben feeling happy lately but little sad too, probably because its xmas, time of being with family and my parents live in france, i in uk, take care, your not alone ,xxx aprilx

Old 12-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
(female)

Toodle HB User

I know where you are coming from. I hurt all the time and am always so tired. I do take Lortab 10, don't know what I'd do without it. However, as mentioned in another post, I just started taking Reliv. It's nutrition in powder form. Only been on it for a little while (today is my 4th day). I've heard many fibro sufferers get relief with this product. My supplier had bad fibro up until 1 year ago. She said it took her 3 months on Reliv to really feel great again. I'll keep everyone posted, but for now I'm taking this opportunity & hope it proves to be successful for me. Reliv is based on the fact that people these days just don't get proper nutrition. It is supposed to work at the cellular level to make your body repair itself. Therefore, they claim it helps with many diseases, ailments and syndromes. I'm going to give it 4 months before giving up cuz at this point I feel I have nowhere else to turn.

I get through days I guess because of my family. Husband & 9 1/2 month old daughter. I want to be here because of them and I want to feel better. However, the bad thing is that I get so upset, frustrated & tired of this condition sometimes that I emotionally draw away from them. That's what breaks my heart the most. I don't think anyone can truly understand unless you have fibro. It causes way too many symptoms for someone who doesn't have it to possibly imagine. You have to admit that it is a crazy condition. I often wonder would I believe what people say if I didn't have the condition myself. That's why I appreciate the support of this board so much. Everyone is all going through the same thing, sometimes not all the same symptoms or not everyone feels as bad, but they know how life is with fibro.

Good luck to you!

Old 12-10-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi charl, i have replied to few of your posts but you havent replied? we have same symptoms which started after childbirth?? love april x

Old 12-10-2004, 05:45 PM   #8
(female)

Tootsie Roll HB User

Hi there,
Just wanted to say that i hope you are feeling better, and like previous posters have said...you're NOT alone with this. I have days sometimes where can't even get up i'm in so much pain...especially if it's raining,damp and chilly outside. I just usually take it easy and "rest".

As far as supplements...i only take multi-vitamins, and when i can't sleep i take ambien 10mg.

Hang in there...
Nancy~

Old 12-10-2004, 09:04 PM   #9
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User

Thank you for your posts, it helps so much when there's someone out there who won't judge you and will take the time to help. Well, it's 2 days later and I'm feeling somewhat better. Isn't that strange that one day you can feel so upset and alone, and other days you feel fine? That just amazes me that it can be so hormonal sometimes. I guess I feel sad sometimes because my life is so different now. Also, I've been single for 4 years now and most people at least have a husband to vent too, I don't have a "someone". I'm sorry you're also feeling down Char, not too many people can understand such a complicated disease. Why don't pharmaceutical companies pick up on the 3 MILLION people who have this disease in the US alone? I'm not sure what the rates are in UK or Greece, but thats too many people to not have a common reason or protocol for FM & CFS!!! We should all definitely write to our local gov office (OK no comments on my Gov here in Calif . Since there's not that many people on here that post for FM, we definitely need to take care of each other! Thanks for all your posts!!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User

CHAR, I'm curious, how did you get through your pregnancy WITH FM? I bet that was really hard! Was it difficult? How did you get through? I know you would say it is worth whatever you had to go through...IYou are blessed! I wish I could find my soulmate and have kids! I know, someday I will. I hope the Reliv helps, I felt so much better when I did a detox of all sugar. I just couldn't keep on it, but for the 4 months I felt 85% better...hhmmm, something to think about!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:12 PM   #11
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User

Izzybella, thank you for your kind words and help! Sleeping does help and so does getting enough supplements. Sometimes the most obvious things are the most unobvious on high pain level days. Thanks for the reminder! What part of the country are you from?

Old 12-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #12
(female)

amgoingtoheal HB User

Tutti Fruitty- Wow, the internet is so amazing! You're writing all the way from Greece? Thank you for your sympathy, I know we all have hard days and can feel alone. I think there should be more FM & CFS groups to be able to share our pain with others. Too bad the catch-22 is that none of us has the energy to form one! Ha Ha, thats actually pretty funny if you think about it! Anyways, I'd love to hear more about Greece and what it's like. I hope you're having a good night

Old 12-11-2004, 12:09 AM   #13
(female)

tutti-fruti HB User

amgoingtoheat HI there ! yes I'm writing all the way from Greece. Actually I was born in Brazil of greek parents and I've been living here in Athens from the age of 16. Now I'm 47 !! oops. Greece is beautiful cause it has so many islands and summer is heaven here. You must have heard a lot of Greece in the States this summer because of the Olympic games !!! I even got the chance to go to the opening (and it was a free pain day IMAGINE !!!!!!!!!) and really really enjoyed it. Then I went to some of the games but was too sore to enjoy. So many greetings from here and many kisses to you.

Old 12-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #14
(female)

Toodle HB User

amigongtoheal - I did have a rough pregnancy. I didn't feel well most of it & had to go on bedrest 2 1/2 months before my due date cuz of high blood pressure & ended up getting these severe headaches. Ended up having baby 1 month early. Wasn't diagnosed with fibro until after baby - July this year. I think I had it before but more CFS like, every since having mono 3 times at age 15. But everything got worse after baby as I've explained in other posts. I wanted 2 children, but now I think I'm just going to stay at one & I do feel so blessed that I have her. Otherwise I'm going downhill at what should be the happiest time in my life.
But I am so glad I have my husband and daughter and my parents have been great. I'm also so lucky to have all of you!

Old 12-11-2004, 12:15 PM   #15
(female)

Toodle HB User

In reply also to Apriltones. I think we are very similar. I wish you good luck with your MRI and further testing. Let me know how it comes out. But then too there's Tutti-fruti who has the same SI joint inflammation as me. I guess we are all finding lots of things in common with each other. Guess it's actually fibro or our doctors are missing something on some of us. I hope the Reliv helps me.

Closed Thread