It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

Sue W HB User
Just been told I have Fybromyalgia. Help

Hi, my name is Sue and for over two years now I have been going to my Dr with pain in my left leg and numbness in my foot. I have been tested for MS, Lime disease and any thing else you can think of. My Dr has sent to every Dr you can think of and finaly has told me that I have Fybromyalgia. What can I expect from this. I have trouble siting for long periods of time. Is this normal?

Thank you for any help you can be and God Bless you all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User
Re: Just been told I have Fybromyalgia. Help

Hi Sue,

Everybody with FM has different symptoms. I get pains in my legs too, along with numbness and tingling everywhere. The brunt of my pain is usually in my back up to my neck, but it is almost daily that my legs or hips ache. Take a look around at some of the older posts for some advice. Are you taking any medications? I'm only taking Trazodone at night for sleep right now, along with Tylenol or Advil until I see the rheumatologist on Dec. 6th. I also go for acupuncture, chiro and light massage. I've heard yoga and aqua therapy are quite helpful but I haven't tried either yet. The best thing you can do is educate yourself and know when your body has had enough. Let me know if you need anything further.

Welcome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 06:38 AM   #3

Cherio HB User
Re: Just been told I have Fybromyalgia. Help

Welcome Sue!

Just wondering if you possibly might have been tested for lower back trouble. This can also cause symptoms as you describe, especially pain down one leg and the numbness. There are so many things that are like fibro and often this diagnosis is made after exclusion of all other possibilities, kind of a "last resort" diagnosis. Hopefully, since you've been tested for so many other things, your back was one area they did look at. Just know there are medications and things you can do to help control (not cure) this fibro thing. I wish you all the luck and hope you can find relief for your pain.

Cherio

Old 11-30-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User
Cool Re: Just been told I have Fybromyalgia. Help

Hi Sue,
I have FM and I have the most trouble in my hips and lower back. I had xrays of my hips and lower spine - to no avail. Thankfully, nothing was there - except the pain. I now work at a job where I am on my feet for 8 hours a day. No sitting down except to have a bite to eat. My legs and feet are extremely painful. I've tried several different types of shoes, finding that shoes that have more substance are easier on my feet. Good, sturdy shoes are best. There were times when my lower back pain would be so bad I couldn't even sit on a couch or chair. Nothing was comfortable. Good luck in trying to find relief for your pain. If you find something that works, let us all know!
God bless, Jen

Closed Thread