It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

Toodle HB User
Tingling sensations

I have to ask if others with Fibro experience tingling in their legs, back or face. I mostly read about Fibro people with tingling sensations in hands in feet, but I have mine bad in the legs and sometimes in the back and face. Let me know. So scared that it's something else.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: Tingling sensations

hi charl, think we spoke before. i have exactly same prob as you, symptoms started after having my son. i too have tingling in my calfs,vagina,one side of back and now inner thighs!! i worry about ms, do you? love april, 23

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 08:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

I get it EVERYWHERE!!! Arms, legs, face, back, head, etc. etc. I worried about MS too but my doc disagreed and I don't meet the "criteria". I've kinda given up on worrying what else this could be (the list is endless) and just living day to day.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:24 AM   #4

monkeychow59 HB User

Hey Char,

Yep, you're not alone. I used to have tingling sensations in my hands and wrists for a long time before I knew I had FMS, but thought it was the beginning stages of carpal tunnel. Later on after I was diagnosed, then I started to get the tingling in my hip, back, legs and groin areas. It's a strange sensation, because the areas get so sensitive to touch and even the slightest chill or breeze will set them off even more. I read "The List" that's posted on here and realized that a lot of the symptoms I have aren't just "in my head" and that was quite a relief!!!

Take care,
Deb

Old 12-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

Toodle HB User

Just wanted to clarify. I for several months had burning sensations all over my body but now it's moved to being more tingling/feeling of numbness. Is everyone experiencing the tingling/feeling of numbness or just burning?

Old 12-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

Char,

Before I was diagnosed with fibro, I went for CT Scan's and MRI's because everyone thought I had a disk or nerve problem in my back. I was getting tingling and numbess in my legs, arms, face, everywhere. I still get the tingling and numbness. The burning usually restricts itself to my back when it's really sore.

For the record, all my scans were normal.

Last edited by kcgage; 12-11-2004 at 04:31 PM.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi kcage, just out of interest did your tingling start of mild and gradually spread? i have it nearly every where now. sometimes buzzing slightly? worries me a little?? cheers x

Old 12-12-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I am also getting tingling in my elbow down to my hand, I have had it for 3 weeks. My Dr. thinks I have a pinched nerve in my elbow but I think it is the fm. I have been getting it over the years but it never lasted that long. Also get tingling down my right leg only and my foot goes numb. The leg is the tight, the arm the left, makes no sense at all. I get a lot of burning espeally in my collar bone area.

Hugs to all, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 12-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

The tingling seemed to start out mildly in one spot, then spread, and grew in intensity. My legs would go so numb that I would literally fall over. When I first kept going back to the doctor, that's why he thought it was a disk/nerve problem. But he said usually if it is a disk/nerve problem it is located on one side of the body, not both like mine are. Then my arms started going numb. I especially notice this if I don't move it for a long time, especially while driving. I have to remember to keep switching arms or moving them about. The burning I get is mostly in my hips or my back.

Old 12-13-2004, 12:32 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

whats sort of numbess? i get a deep ache and burn like hot water running through. i have funny feeling as if im having bp done? is that sort of numbness? when i lift my arm too? love april.

Old 12-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

Numbness like it would feel like that particular spot or limb just didn't exist. I would pinch it and not be able to feel the pinch, or very faintly. I would especially get it in my arm is my arm was raised, like blow-drying my hair or driving with that particular arm up on the steerring wheel.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

oh, i dont really get that but do get the funny feeling when lifting my arm up high, have done for a long time

Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

I think you said you have an MRI booked..........when is it? Are the waiting times in the UK any less than here in Canada?

Last edited by kcgage; 12-13-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:47 AM   #14
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

no, ive been waiting since mid sept. apparently they are building new one. great!!! love april

Old 12-14-2004, 08:15 AM   #15
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

hey April and KC:
I have the same tingling sensations - from from my arm into my hand and from my lower back down my leg into my foot. I also have "jumpy" fingers (I don't know any other way to describe it!). I'll be sitting on the couch (for example) and my fingers will start twitching. No pain, just a weird sensation of my fingers doing things I'm not asking them to do!
God bless, Jen

Closed Thread