It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #1

Linda Dale HB User
Foot pain diagnosed as Fibromyalgia?

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in a long time. I was hoping someone could give me some input on foot pain and FS. I have seen two podiatrists, two rheumatologists, nearly a year of PT, three pairs of orthotics....still can't walk or stand for more than a few minutes without bad pain. They have all given up on me. I can't believe this is just FS, as my last rheumy said. Anyone else have this problem, or know what else it could be? Thanks so much.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:49 PM   #2

jbot HB User
Re: Foot pain diagnosed as Fibromyalgia?

Hi Linda, I to have horrible foot pain. Mine is a constant 24/7 thing.Its part in the bone like arthritis. It is a horrible burning,thobing pain. Feels like i`m walking on the nerve endings. No medicine i have taken has touched it, even took B-12 injections for months. This is suppose to help nerve pain didn`t help. I do have bulging disn which one dr said MIGHT be the problem. Another dr said it is proberly caused from diabetes (under control). Another dr said it didn`t matter what it was cause from (I disagree) she gave me pain meds to no avail. Right now I am rolling around like an old hog in mud. The pain this week has been horrible. The dr wants to do a cortizone injection into my lower back (allgeric to cortizone) he didn`t even take that into consideration. So I said no way with the reaction I have from cortizone. I think i`m just going to have to live with it until I lose my mind totaly. I do wish I could say something positive to you but I just haven`t found anything. I didn`t try the otho shoes and that was going to be my next option. I really believe its arthritis in the foot and toes because I have the same pain in my hands except you can see the swelling and I don`t have to put weight on my hands and can live better with them. Good luck to you. If you find anything let me know. I`m sure there are alotta ppl that would be intrested.Oh one time i did soak my feet in vinegar, backing soda and epson salt. It made them feel better for awhile.I might try it again.Have a good night..jb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Good morning Linda Dale,
Foot pain is one of my primary problems also. There are times when it's a throbbing pain along the top of my foot. This last for a few weeks then goes away. I can't explain my foot pain in any other way except to say that I feel like I have old lady feet. This must be what arthritis feels like. Getting out of bed in the morning is the absolute worst, followed up by getting up from a sitting position. I've tried different shoes (actually feel better going barefoot!) but nothing really helps. I wear mostly flat shoes and sneakers - no more dressy shoes for me. Foot massage and soaking them is a temporary fix. Hope you find some comfort.
God bless, Jen

Old 01-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #4

careyb31 HB User

My feet always hurt. Today the left heel is especially bad. I take Aleve and it takes the edge off. I hate having my feet hurt.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I had this at least two times and both times it went away but lasted for about 4-6 months. I tried everything and had no relief. I decided to keep walking and the pain got worse but eventually it subsided. It was gradual. So much so that I didn't even realize it was going away. One thing I did try was to massage the bottom of my feet as many times as I could. I got in there and pushed. I don't know if that was what did it, but the pain went away around the same time.

Old 01-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Foot pain diagnosed as Fibromyalgia?

Hi to all,

I have severe foot pain r foot sharpe stabbing pain diagnosed as ostio-arthritis,when i try to walk.....i go back to orthopedics 12th of april doc is on about inserting pins into my foot 2 pull bones back into line the bottom of my heel is mishaped 2 am on tramadol capsules as it is that bad, cannot wait for my appointment to come round my foot is also very stiff and swollen plus my ankles swell up too.

Go and ask you doc for an xray the way i did it was 2 book myself into a and e department to get checked.

Hope u all find out what ur problem is and find it easier to manage.

Old 01-31-2005, 06:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Everyone,

My foot problem is not a symptom of my fibro or my lupus. It is what is called a "Mortons Neuroma". It is in the lower half of my foot, on the underneath pad on the sole of the foot and it causes a lot of intense stinging pain in the second two toes. My foot feels as though it is pinched when I wear shoes and even when wearing slippers. Also when I actually touch my two toes there is no actual pain, but such discomfort when walking. It aches so much and is very tender.

The first one I had was surgically removed, but this time they are trying me with insoles -- such a waste of their time and mine frankly!! Just thought I'd post this so you can look into it and see if it rings a bell with any of you.

Regards,

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 02-02-2005 at 05:55 PM.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #8

Linda Dale HB User
Lightbulb Re: Foot pain diagnosed as Fibromyalgia?

Thanks everyone for the info. Lisa, your post gave me hope, I actually have lumps in my calves which are just as painful, wonder if it is CMP. I will look into the self-massage, thanks so much. None of my docs ever mentioned it, and I did not know much about it. I sure plan to learn more. I certainly appreciate everyones sympathy, it really does suck to have your feet hurt, I am really disabled because of it. Just going to the grocery store can be torture. Hang in there everyone, and if you have any more into on CMP or trigger point, please send it on.
Linda Dale

Old 02-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

Ok here is my foot problem and what HAS been helping me!!
I have been diagnosed with pereipheral neuropathy in my neck/shoulders and feet!!
I have had it in my upper extremeties for a year in my feet for the last 6 months!!
I have been to 5 doctors and one was a foot doc!Nobody had a clue as to why i had this goin on!!
I would wake up and get out of bed and my feet would hurt sooooo bad!!I was walking on my tippy toes in order to try and keep them from hurting!
I couldnt figure out wh ythey hurt so bad when i just got up.
I have no arthritis in them no swelling ,just pain on top and sharp shooting pains all along the sides!!All day long..no matter what i tried..I cant walk bare footed still!!
I dont have a whole lot of faith in docs anymore,so i went looking for myself!
I found some info on b12..Not the shots but the kind you put under your tongue..It is called methylb12 .I am taking 2000mcg's a day right now along with a b complex vitamin 100 mcg's all in one pill...Because you usuallly need to supplement all of the b's in order to get true relief!It may take a few months to a year to actually get relief but it is worth it from the people i have been talking to!!I wont give up because i am getting relief!!For the first time in months!!My upper extremeties are still burning a bit but my feet feel alot better already and i'll take what i can get!!! I'll wait patiently for the rest!!
Also alot of docs will only give you a b12 shot once a week or once a month..You need it every day in order to actually heal nerve pain!!I dont know about other foot problems but i know about the nerves..I am living it!!
I will try and help anyone here who thinks there foot problems are nerve related ..just keep posting and i'll let you know what i have learned!!I was looking for answers for months and i finally found someone to help me and i will gladly pass it on!!! I remember very well how terrible it is to not be able to walk w/out feelin pain..I have a few pangs heer and there but its NOTHING compared to before i started the b12 vits!!

Old 02-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
(female)

mbeltram HB User

Hi am new here but yes i do have foot pain bad at night when tring to sleep i fine that a little streching does help and a heating pad, nice to meet you mb

Closed Thread