It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 AM   #1
(female)

S_Evetts HB User
nite time/any time pain relief tips (I swear this is my last post tonight ; ) )

First of all, please forgive me for posting so much. I have noticed ALOT of people with leg/back pain at night. Pain that makes sleep impossible. I have thought at times it would be less painful to cut my legs off than to deal with this. Anyways, I have been dealing with this lovely fms for a long time and the leg pain at night is the worst. I thought I'd share some tips that I have learned from other people and from trial and error that help me, and maybe some of you can share some of your tips with me also. Each night before I go to bed I have a ritual. #1. I soak in a hot bath or a nice hot tub. just soak, that's it. relax your legs as much as possible in water as hot as you can stand it. 2. I have a hand massager that I run over the back and side of my thighs for about 10 min. each leg. (then of course I have to do my arms and shoulders lol) 3. I rub mineral ice all over my legs. lots and lots of it. (taking a sleeping pill or 2 an hour or so before you start also helps) I also have to sleep on my stomach as I cannot sleep on my back anymore. BUT, if you can sleep on your back, putting a pillow beneath your thighs, then two pillows under your calfs (to elevate them higher) helps a great deal. Hope this helps. Can't wait to hear some of your tips.

Closed Thread