It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
Baclofen

Hello, everyone,

I was prescribed Baclofen, took a half a pill and felt very dizzy and faint.
Does anyone take this, and do the side-efects go away with time?
(10 mg pill)
Thanks again,

Seaturtle

Old 02-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User
Re: Baclofen

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle
Hello, everyone,

I was prescribed Baclofen, took a half a pill and felt very dizzy and faint.
Does anyone take this, and do the side-efects go away with time?
(10 mg pill)
Thanks again,

Seaturtle

Hi Sea,

I don't currently take baclofen orally but have it in one of my creams that help me with trigger point inflammation. I take Zanaflex, but it doesn't even touch my "muscle" pain. What were you prescribed it for? Did your PM doc write you the script? My PM doc would be the one to do it for me, as my rheumy doesn't write much for FM. She would only allow me two Soma's a day for fear of me becoming addicted! I take percs for pain and the soma's don't even touch the muscle pain either, so I think I'm safe from addiction! LOL

I'm sure some one will chime in here about Baclofen. I'm sorry I couldn't help, but I was just wondering what you take it for?

Have a good night,
tk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Greetings, tk,

Thanks for answering. I was prescribed Baclofen as a preventative for migraine,, which seems to start with tight muscles in neck, arms, shoulders, back and arms.
I hope someone else can help; I've got three prescriptions now that I can't handle because of sensitivity to side-effects.

Peace,

Seaturtle

Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Seaturtle,
Hi, I can't answer on the Baclofen, however have you gone to a search engine or a medical site to research the med?
Have you been dx'd with FMS?
Have you tried Ultram? It's a non-narcotic pain med that is good for pain in muscles and the back. I took it years ago when I had back surgery. It has been documented as a great med for FMS, too.
I finally started taking it more regularly recently and this last week I feel much better. (I do take other supplements, natural hormones, Cymbalta and trazondone, too and have changed my diet.)
Hope you find the answers?
ukiahvalleymom

Old 02-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hi,
Yes, I've been dx'd with FMS by 3 different doctors. The trigger points are what seem to start up the migraines.
Don't know about Ultram. I tried it once, and got very dizzy. Does this go away.
I guess we have to try and try different meds until we get what will help us, each one different.
Thanks for your response, and peace to all of us,

Seaturtle

Old 02-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
Inactive

AliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB UserAliceBlueBelle HB User

My daughter tried the baclofen pills, and had pretty much the same side effects. I think it pretty much affects everyone that way. However, I can't remember if it gets better. You might want to consider taking an even smaller amount before giving up.

alice

Old 09-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
(female)

petname HB User
Post Re: Baclofen

seaturtle,
hi! I take baclofen. It's been 2 months now. The first 2-3 weeks were terrible. I felt like my head was frazzled. Like I was short circuiting. It cleared up now. I felt good from my FMS for about 5 weeks. Now I'm suffering from severe spasms again and numbness and troulble breathing from the spasms. Not sure what is going on. I also get Botox in my trapezius muscles to help with the spasms because get so bad causes migraines. THe botox is wearing off now to. Due for another injection. I was on a up from the relief for weeks of the spasming. Now I'm frustrated again. I need to find out if the baclofen is causing the breathing problem. Or if the combo of baclofen and botox was helping and now without the botox the baclofen can't handle all the spasm without the relief from botox. I'm on 40 mg right now.
hope info helps.
kim

Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Seaturtle,

I take baclofen 20mgs 4 times a day,it was a rough start with it.Once I got use to it I have been fine.I have been taking it for almost a year now.I take it for muscle spasms caused by my MS.Drink plenty of water when taking it,it can cause dry mouth.If you get adjusted to it never abruptly stop it,it can cause seizures.You have to be tapered down.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

so nice to see you seaturtle and tk old girl and ukiah my goodness. old home week.
i take baclofen and have for 1 year. 10mg also. once in a while it makes me a bit loopy but that does not happen often. i do not take it every day.
i do hope this post finds you all doing well. teekers i have missed you, dear girl. i think of you so often and know goldie does as well as glojer and bilij, heck all us old timers. we may not speak it here. respect for space. know you are loved.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread