It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
(female)

Neverenoughslee HB User
TK Good Spirit: Going to new Rheumy?

TK,

I think you mentioned awhile back you had your appt with the new Rheumy this week. I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get good results. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

PS-I havent posted on here much as of late. I havent been feeling real well and am tired of complaining about it. LOL

XOXOXOXOX

Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User
Re: TK Good Spirit: Going to new Rheumy?

Hey NES,

Thank you so much for remembering me and I'm sorry about your not feeling well. I understand for sure.

I DID go to my new Rheumy today. He was okay. How come I haven't met a Rheumy yet that have a sense of humor? LOL Anyhoo, he did all kinds of movement tests on me, watched me walk up and down the hall. Limp up and down the hall with my cane is more like it. And, it's funny cuz he mentioned all different kinds of different meds to see if I'd tried them, and I said no to most, but he didn't recommend any. He asked about me taking Trazadone for help with sleep and I told him, been there done that, and that the Klonopin is working fine for me. He didn't agree to do any of the blood tests I asked for, EBV is one, can't remember the other. But he did do a Hepitits blood test on me. He basically told me when I asked about having CFS or CMP that all three, FM CFS and CMP circle together. The symptoms overlap. So, he says that the extreme fatigue I'm having now is the CFS overlapping with FM, and the sore muscles I feel when you touch me, is the CMP. So he said that CFS is FM without tenderpoints, and FM is CFS with tp's. Yes, I was confused. So, I think I give up on Rheumies entirely, unless I am dx'd with RA or my arthritis increases in some form. Oh and I had heard someone else mention that their rheumy asked if they had been physically abused as a child. I thought this was wierd, but my new rheumy asked me this same question. I told him yes, severely at times, but I don't understand what it has to do with FM or CFS. Probably some new research out there implying that if we were "damaged" as a child we are prone to FM. Who knows. I'll keep seeing him, he's closer to my house, but I am going to call tomorrow and ask why he asked me about those meds but didnt' recommend I try any. I also am concerened about my Klonopin. I don't know if he will prescribe that for me. I'll ask about that also. I think my PM doc will prescribe it for me if I ask, which I will. I ask a lot! LOL

So I don't know, he SEEMED okay, but really no BETTER. I DO think he treats FM/CFS just as importantly as someone with Lupus or RA. I DID tell him I didn't want a copy of my records from that appt. sent to my previous rheumy. Which I don't know why he would send them anyway, since he made me a follow up, and that's another reason I'm going to call, since he didn't prescribe me any meds, what is the follow up for?

I'm confused. LOL

But thanks for asking.

Love ya bunches,
tk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #3

SuzU HB User

It sounds like he was under the impression that he was only a second opinion? Otherwise, why would he offer to send anything to a doctor you had fired?

The follow up appt doesn't make sense, though, you are right.

I've never been asked if I was abused as a child, but indeed I was-so go figure. It would be an interesting thread to start and see if others have abuse in their history as well.

It probably has something to do with anxiety and stress, don't these trigger FMS and CMP? I know for me I perceive everything as a potential threat because of my childhood, so I'm in a hypervigilant state all of the time. Over time, I assume my body gets the hint and learns to process every stimulus as a threat-and therefore muscle tension and pain become the norm. I'm not sure if I made that up or if I read it somewhere.

Blessings,
Suz

Old 03-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #4
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

I was also concerned about my rheummy. I had my first appt with him - - - but what can he really do? He also mentioned some meds. He prescribed Ultacet. I took one and I felt horrible so I haven't taken anymore. (Ultracet is a pain med.) He took blood tests (6 vials worth of blood!) and one came back that I was low in Vitamin D - so he prescribed 8 weeks worth. Other than that, there's not much he can do. I cancelled my follow up appt, which was supposed to be this week. I figure - why go? There's no sense going to an appt when he can't do anything else for me. He was a very nice guy, very personable. I just can't see wasting a co-pay for him to tell me again that I have FM.
God bless, Jen

Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_velos
I go see my new one in 2 days myself. I am not gonna tell him a THING about the other doctors diagnoses and see what this new one comes up with. Then maybe AFTERWARD I might tell him.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Is this a new rheumy or your first rheumy? Have you "fired" your rheumy and are checking out to see what another one is going to tell you?

Just wondering,
tk

Closed Thread