It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

mrsb23 HB User
Back pain with Fibromalgia??

Does anyone experience either lower or upper back pain with Fibromalgia??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Re: Back pain with Fibromalgia??

Yeah, I get pain pretty much all over my back. Sometimes it's between my shoulder blades. Other times its at the base of my back and can radiate down through my leg.It's really bad! I've found that walking around a little helps me more than sitting or lying down.

Some days I'm free from it and almost want to Party!!

Take care.
HopefulDoll

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Horribly, ALL over my back...and all over my body, but my back seems to be the absolute worse.

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 05-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

SarahF HB User

oh yes
upper and lower but mainly upper
and my thighs ache

Old 05-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Yes lots of back pain from top to bottom.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Very much. Not all the time, mostly upper back, shoulder blades. Can be lower back, too, but I can usually trace this to an activity. Down my legs and arms, triggered, I think, by trigger points in back and neck.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User

LOTS of back pain--middle and lower mostly. I am getting an MRI on lower back on Thursday just to check to see if I have a disc problem, but like every other test I am sure I will look "perfect". Oh well, my doc is being very detailed and I am not going to complain about that!

Old 05-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Butch0926 HB User

Mine is mostly in my lower back between my hips. I've been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and have arthritis other places, so I figure the pain is from that rather than the fibromyalgia. I could be wrong.

I hurt terribly when I get out of bed, and when I've sat too long at the computer. Can't not sleep, and won't give up my computer!!

Nancy

Old 05-04-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Everyone,

I have lots of pain in my back. The higher pain i.e. shoulder area, actual shoulders and muscles around there, I definitely put down to fibro.

Pain in the lower area, and in my actual spine and boney bits down there is because I have a very bad gait because of my physical disabilities and the way I move my body around to try to walk.

We have got to remember ladies (and gents too) that our doctors think that once we are over 21, all of our bits start to pack up. "It's your age my dear".
Especially with our spines, "wear and tear". According to them we are falling to bits he he.

Hope you are all doing ok tonight.

goldenwings

Old 05-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Golden how right you are, amazing how fast we start to fall apart according to the docs.

Yes I attribute my upper back, neck and shoulder pain to FM. I also have DDD in thoracic spine and lumbar and a couple buldged discs and I'm sure a lot of pain is from that, but boy when the muscle pain hits there is no question what it is.

Hope your doing OK!

Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

kcgage HB User

An INSANE amount of pain in my back from the base of my skull to my butt. Back pain is my worst symptom and was my very first symptom. All scans, x-rays and MRI's were normal.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #12
(female)

mermaidx7 HB User

I have had low back pain for YEARS. The one good thing that has come from my treatment for FMS is - 2 days after starting prozac, my low back pain is no longer constant! Trouble is today I hurt EVERYWHERE else today.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:19 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Butch0926 HB User

Fibromyalgia has SO many symptoms. It's amazing that anyone recognized it as a disease (syndrome, actually) at all. Guess I can say that I've been falling apart 49 years!

Nancy

Old 05-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #14
(female)

Panndy1 HB User

Yes I have had lower back pain for about 8 years. That is where most of my aches and pains are but I hurt other places too. In 99 I had an MRI but it did not show anything. In September I went to the Dr. and he checked me and felt like I had an 80% chance of it being Fibro. I took a muscle relaxant and that helped for about 5 months, and then stopped working. About a week ago the Dr. put he on a low dose of Elavil to see if that will help.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:36 AM   #15
(female)

MomwithMS HB User

Yep, add me to the list. I have horrid back pain. Up high, middle, and lower. It is so painful and life altering.

Closed Thread