It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

MomwithMS HB User
Talking I have the BEST rheumie ever!

I was starting to feel a little nervous about the appt. Did I set my expectations too high for this new doctor? Could I really expect so much during a first visit??

Well, let me tell you

Dr. B was AWESOME!!!!! He met all of my expectations and then some. He was truly caring, patient, understanding, and easy to talk to!!

First, let me begin by stating I have Secondary Fibromyalgia syndrome. The secondary doesn't mean "less pain." It means that the fibro started after another illness. We don't know if it was the MS or the rheumatoid arthritis - but most likely the rheumatoid arthritis.

Anyway, I have an actual diagnosis!! And this man REALLY knows his stuff. We had just started the visit, and when I started telling him about my pain, he said that he already knew I had fibro - even before examining me.

I have swelling and inflammation in my fingers, wrists, elbows and a little in my knees. He said I have primary osteoarthritis, which is already deforming some of my joints - particularly in my hands.

He said that he does agree with the rheumatoid arthritis the other rheumie made, but he still wants to double check everything. He also wants to up my methotrexate. He said I'm not on a high enough dosage to help with my pain. (in a month or so. He wants to change my meds slowly)

He also prescribed cymbalta (today). He said that it sometimes helps with pain. It will be 5 to 6 weeks before I see a difference.

Sadly, he also felt like I needed to be on prednisone for the rest of my life. He said that predisone was my best defense against the crippling effects of the different kinds of arthritis.

Now, for the BEST news. . . *drumroll please* He will HELP me with my disability case. He said that I certainly deserved it to make up for my family what I couldn't earn b/c I'm too sick to work!!! (is your jaw hitting the floor?? Mine was!!! Could this man really be this compassionate, understanding, and helpfull?? And the answer is YES!!! )

He said there would be a charge for medical records, but he would fill out any forms and such to help!!

He also told me that I have an amazing outlook for everything that I've been though. He said that having ONE of these diseases is bad enough. . but having MS, RA, osteoarthritis, AND fibro is more than my fair share. And I have a very good attitude about it. He said that I am certainly entitled to have more "psychological bruising" than I do.

Anyway, that was my visit. Dr. B has written articles about fibro and everything. He was VERY knowledgeable about fibro and arthritis. He was compassionate, caring, and empathetic. He was awesome!!!!!!!!
I am THRILLED that I was referred to him!

Oh, he also made some jokes and told me that my pain was "all in my head." I just looked at him - confused. He then told me that it was PHYSICALLY in my head and the way my brain processes pain! He said there was no psychological component - it was all chemical!

((( Les )))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
(female)

bilij HB User
Re: I have the BEST rheumie ever!

Hello MomwithMS, your post is very refreshing. I needed your positive
input tonight. Your doctor sounds like an answer to prayer. The two of
you have rapport and that's so important . We all have to listen to some-
one and who could be more important than your doctor? Post often, you are
a dear lady.
Bilij

Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hurray! This is such good news. And I am happy for you.
I wish for all of us that we find a doc like that.

Peace,
Seaturtle

Old 05-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused10 HB User
Smile Re: I have the BEST rheumie ever!

Wow sounds like you found a winner!!! That is great, especially after all the comments made to you. I'm so glad he is going to help!!!!

Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

hey momwithms,
So where do you live? Can we all come and see your wonderful dr??? If only it were that easy!
Good for you... I'm very happy for you that you've found this wonderful man. Keep us posted on what he does for you...it may give us ideas to approach our own drs with.
God bless, Jen

Old 05-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Good for you Momwithms!!! I'm very happy for you that you have found such a compassionate Dr. and good for him he understands and is not afraid to help his patients with disability claims.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:58 AM   #7
(female)

MomwithMS HB User

I live in Oklahoma, and I can honestly say that I am THRILLED to have found such a wonderful doctor. I couldn't be happier. I have a great PCP, a great neuro and now a wonderful rheumie!! Now, I just pray I can hold on to my insurance so I can keep seeing all of them. *fingerscrossed*

I wish that all of us could find such a great doctor. It truly does make all the difference in the world.

((( Les )))

Old 05-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #8
(female)

Lyn in Michigan HB User

MomwithMS

I am so happy that you found someone so kind, caring and compassionate. As the others have said, we all need to find a doctor like that. Take care of yourself and good luck!!!

Lyn in Michigan

Old 05-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #9
(male)

storekeeper HB User

can you give anymore information city name doctors name or initials so I could get a hold of them

Old 05-21-2005, 07:13 AM   #10
(female)

MomwithMS HB User

Sure. His office is in Oklahoma city. His name is Dr. Jon Blasbhke. His office phone number is ( - name-city-state only please - )

He is great - truly great.

((( Les )))

Last edited by moderator2; 05-21-2005 at 07:21 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules "How to share information"

Old 05-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
(female)

countrygal HB User

Momwithms, have you seen very many rhuemys from the OKC area? I live in SW OKLA and i travel to Edmond to see mine , almost a year now. I like mine also. I'm glad you feel comfortable with him already. Good luck and keep us posted.

Closed Thread