It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
Angry Anyone sweat at night/day

xxx

Dear all,

Anyone sweat at night,i know its warm now;but i sweat terrible at night my hair is wet in the morning and iam wet with sweat alos like it in day time sometimes too is doing my head in anyone else have this too or is it just me.

dolphin43.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:52 PM   #2
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User
Re: Anyone sweat at night/day

I too sweat a lot. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just soaking wet, but yet the fan is going and the air is on. It's pretty cold in my house. My boyfriend even said the other day that he had tried to hold me during the night and he put he's arm around me and I was just a sweating hot mess. And what that's not sexy?! I even noticed when I'm getting ready to go out, it's almost seems like I have to take two showers because I'm sweating too much.

It's a pain but I just try to take my time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ARANGER HB User

I sweat at night also. Just like you two, I wake up sometimes pretty soaked. I also notice that during the day, I sweat when others are not. I'm not overweight or overly active. I guess its just a fibro thing.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #4
(female)

hannahbob04 HB User

Every time I wake up I'm sweaty...whether it's in the morning after 8 hours of sleep or during the day after a 1-2 hour nap. It happens regardless of the room temperature. But, I don't have too much of a problem during the day.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
(female)

Rotn_Peachez HB User

wow i really thought it was just me. I hesitated going to a flea market last weekend because it;s almost embarassing how hot and sweaty I get. I live on a lake and have 2 children who want to play outside. Sometimes I take Ice packs to bed or outside when no one is around. My only problem is I have so many ice packs my freezer cant fit anyting else. So Im glad I found some fellow sweaters. DIsgusting isn't it

Old 07-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User

We can all just sit around and stink together

Old 07-15-2005, 03:13 AM   #7
(male)

brend HB Userbrend HB User

You are going to get a laugh out of this. Yes, I sweat like a pig at night and sometimes wake up soaked. In the night I kick off the bedcovers and wake up freezing.
No for the good bit. My wife is going through menapause(spelling?) and she is getting bad night sweats. Just picture how we all smell in the morning. Romance, not a chance.
Brend.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Hey Dolphin,

May I ask if the "43" in your username is your age? If so, you may be experiencing Peri-menopause. Even if you've had a hystorectomy that took your ovaries, your hormones are changing at this time in life. Changing A LOT!

Another thing to consider is if you are taking any type of SSRI or SSNRI's (anti-depressants like Effexor, Paxil, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Elavil, Wellbutrin XL, etc) one of the very COMMON side effects is execessive sweating. Read the info that came with your meds. Usually, I assume you have FM, we are using some sort of anti-D and I know I speak for myself here, I sweat a LOT with most of them. Cymbalta was the worst for me, that's why I quit using it, and am now on Lexapro. I could simply walk around slowly and my head would be soaking wet, right at the hairline, with sweat! It was awful. I DO sweat a bit at night, but I also have a heated mattress pad I use because of the FM. I like to sleep hot, but I also run a fan! I know, doesn't make sense. LOL I always have a fan on me! I'm 46! Also, by having FM, we can run a low grade temp quite often, that is not unusual.

Hope this helps some. So, it could be meds you are using, plain old middle age! or your FM. Lots of variables.

Take care,
tk

Old 07-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Fellow Perspirers,

Yes, me too !! I have been tested for menopausal bits and bobs. Nothing to do with it - for me anyway. I wouldn't say it is a fibro thing, as I have had this happening for a long time, before I was having fibro symptoms/ being diagnosed.

Just be careful. Please don't assume it is down to fibro, it might not be. Please get checked out if you can. There may be an entirely different reason for it.

goldenwings

Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #10
(female)

2toobusymom HB User
Question Re: Anyone sweat at night/day

Wow! I thought I was some sort of anomalie but it looks like others have the sweats, too...Is it a Fibro thing or I am wondering if it is a meds thing. I take very low dose of Elavil and thought maybe it was related to that...Also having heart palpitations, anyone relate?

Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

omg, i sweat alot!!!!! people are always telling me "why are you sweating so much?" i always have to explain that it is because of my meds. i know it is a side effect for my antidepressants. i still sweat regardless but lately it is alot.
i wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty, between my boobs is really sweaty and so is my hair. its funny because i have come to the point where i just rub my deoderant everywhere. i have even put some on my forehead, lol!!!!
i pretty much refuse to go out during the day unless i have a doctors appointment other than that i go out at night.
glad i am not the only one.
robin

Old 07-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
(female)

RGW HB User

I've always thought my temp actually rises when I lay down! I don't take any meds and my mom jokes about menopause but I'm only 29!
I wake up sweaty at night a lot and it happens from naps during the day too. Funny thing for me is that when awake I am always freezing compared to everyone else (including just before going to bed) but when Iím asleep my husband says I radiate heat. I always have fans on, windows open, or turn the heat down at night in the winter, and my husband is fully clothed in bed while Iím in a tank top sweating and soaking wet with the covers pushed off - he curls up to me to get warm!

Old 07-16-2005, 03:37 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Hormones and meds are most likely the cause of sweating rather than fibro. You do not have to be in any kind of 'pause. Hormones in general fluxuate.

Old 07-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

2toobusymom and others, please be aware that night sweats and heart palpitations can also be symptoms of the tickborne illness Babesiosis. People who have Babesiosis usually have Lyme disease and possibly other tickborne diseases. Lyme disease is a multi-system bacterial infection caused from the bite of an infected tick. It can cause many seemingly unrelated symptoms.

For more information, see the "Lyme Disease Information" post on the Lyme board at this site.

Closed Thread