It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Went to the E.R.

Hi everyone,

Last night around 7 I started getting zapping pains above the breasts from one side to the other, would get 5 or 6 they would stop for awhile and start again, I have got them before but they never went on for hours. I woke my husband at 6 this A.M. and said you better take me to the Er, he did want me to go last night.

They monitored me for three hours, blood work, ekg's and chest xrays, everything looked fine and dxed with costro and fm pain. the DR. said the zapping was from a nerve having pressure on it. They gave me a shot of Tonoral via a ibv, which did nothing. But a least the visit gave me peice of mind, my anxiety level was through the roof and my b/p was only 123/66 when I got there.

I was so scared and this was the first time I ever went to the Er with this dd. Got a huge lump on my hand from the I.V. You feel foolish going for something like this but between the fear and the pain I needed help.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Went to the E.R.

linda,
you were wise to go. never be afraid to seek help. i am glad it is not your heart. bet your mind went there for sure.
i have had the same thing happen. it is really scary. your mind goes into the squirrel cage of what if it's this or that? always better to go see a doc and find out. fear is not your friend. it is food for fibromyalgia to feed on.
i am proud of you girlfriend. and so glad you are being proactive with your body. well done!!
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

i have gone to the er a couple of times because i was in alot of pain. i would make myself crazy thinking if i should go or not. i would finally just end up going and thank goodness i did. i have gotten the same med you did and the next time i got something else. i was really surprised how understanding they were.
i am so happy you decieded to go when you did. i hope you get to feeling better.
your friend,
robin (girl75)

Old 07-15-2005, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

So glad you are feeling better. It is always better to be safe than sorry. That is what ER's are for to help people who have pain. Don't ever feel bad about taking your health seriously. Hang in there!

Old 07-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Thanks eveyone.
I am so sore in the upper chest and breast areas. I am still getting zapped on and off but so afraid those steady zaps will come back, I had 18 hours of them. Using a lot of moist heat and trying to keep the anxiety level down. This dd is not only painful it sure is scarey.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 07-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #6
(female)

redrobin HB User

hi linda,
so glad you are feeling better.
moist heat will really help