It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
heat is increasing pain now

hi, normally hot weather helps pain and winter increases but my hands and wrists have been hurting like mad!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: heat is increasing pain now

Maybe you have some inflammation rearing it's ugly head. I am having the same problem, but since doc started me on prednisone swelling and pain have decreased in my hands as well as other joints. My hands and wrists still give me a little trouble but not as bad a before. Maybe you could check with your doctor to see if there isn't something inflammatory going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi April,

When it comes to the heat I feel much worse. For me it is that I do not do well in the heat and get sick from it. Even before I had Fibro I could not take the heat well. So when the heat comes I have stay inside to feel comfortable and not be in so much pain. I sweat so much that the docs told me to drink gatorade or something along those lines at least once a day so my electrolites stay balanced. You could say that I do not like the heat.

When I do get over-heated I have thrown up and I get very dizzy. The docs do not know why. To answer your question, yes, I feel worse in the heat.

I hope it cools down some.

Peace and love,

Janet

Old 07-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hiya, feeling better today. its cooler here on uk. love april x

Closed Thread