It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User
Primrose, calcium other supplements

how long does it take for supplements to start working and showing results

I am impatient and after about two or three days if i don't notice a change, i stop taking them

i purchased 5-HTP, took it for three days and i didn't noticed anything working for me

Old 07-18-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Primrose, calcium other supplements

hi twinklez,
it takes from 2 weeks to a month to notice a change. it takes time for your body to be restored to its balance. it was a month before i saw the difference in the suppliments i take. have patience with your body. three days is not enough time to make an informed choice.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya everyone,

I can't comment in the respect of taking supplements because I don't actually have them. The one thing I wanted to say though is to be very, very careful. Always check with your pharmacist in case any of your prescribed medications, or OTC medications interact with what you are going to take. Be ever so careful.

goldenwings

Old 07-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thanks golden girlfriend! i forgot to say that. hope all is well in your corner of the world.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 07-18-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

My Dearest Blue,

Not three bad thanks. My leg is still very sore, but improving. I was going to ask your advice on a natural tonic or something like that for depression. This is really plaguing me at the moment. Not because of any type of thing that has happened lately, but just an overwhelming sadness. It's not something new, but I hate it when it comes to visit uninvited and then has the nerve to stay for a while. Any suggestions appreciated - not St. Johns Wort though, I have been warned off that.

I have been coming to the boards trying to take my mind of my own problems, and it has helped. Then, wham, I am in that dark, dark place again.

How are you doing? Is your move close now? I am sorry I forget when you go. I do hope you are managing to get a bit of rest in betwen packing and so on.

Lovely to speak to you my friend.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-18-2005 at 12:51 PM.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

leemarie HB User

Hi, twinklez!

Yes, you have to be a little patient when taking supplements and naturopathic remedies.

Because natural remedies work on body systems rather than treat immediate symptoms, it takes a while for you to feel results. Also, don't be surprised if you feel worse before you start feeling better. If your system is very deficient or imbalanced, you may experience a "healing crisis"; your body is adjusting as balance of the system involved is achieved.

Be very careful, informed and aware of what you are taking...just because it's 'natural' doesn't mean it can't be harmful if taken incorrectly. Medicine is medicine, whether it is prescription or not!

The information i have about 5-htp (which i am not yet taking) says to start with 50 mg; if after 3 nights sleep is not achieved, increase to 100mg. Keep increasing by 50mg after every 3 nights until good sleep is achieved or you reach a maximum of 500 mg. This is just info i have, not based on personal experience, ok?

Anyway, the point is, it will take some time to find out what works.

Warmly,
Lee

Closed Thread