It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

fishnv HB User
FM from Lymes disease

This is the first time I've ever used a message board so bare with me. I had a knee replacement about 6 years ago but had alot of pain with therapy and for months afterwards. I was finally diagnosed with Lymes disease and treated for that. But still I ached. Finally a rheumatologist (sp?) diagonosed me with 'secondary' FM - in other words as a result of having Lymes so long without treatment, I developed FM. Does anyone else have this combination? The symptons can be similar and I'm so confused I don't know if I should be here or in the Lymes board but I truly believe my worst symptoms are from the FM.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
(male)

dorkdad HB User
Re: FM from Lymes disease

fishnv,

My wife was diagnosed with FMS over 15 years ago. It has been a steady downhill decline to the point she was suicidal, jumping from doctor to doctor. Turns out she has had Lymes for at least 27 years. We ended up traveling to Wichita, Kansas for 3 weeks of treatment, 4-6 hours a day with the authors of "Beating Lymes Using Alternate Methods and God Designed Living", Drs David and Sarah Jernigan. I have shared this experience and discussed it with members of the Lyme folder of this healthboard.

To demonstrate the amazing turnaround so far, she went for a seven mile hike with me on Mt Hood this weekend, slept an amazing 5 hours straight that night, and completed a 9 mile bike ride the next day. Let's get real, chronic disease doesn't cure overnight. We have a ways to go with many symptoms to attack.

Just thought I would offer up our experience and try to answer any questions you might have.

dorkdad

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread