It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #16
(female)

judith4d HB User
Re: The Pain of Fibro Fog

Hi all, Fibro fog caused me trouble over the weekend. I took Ultram at 4 and promptly took 2 more at 5pm. I recall only bits of anything until Saturday morning. Thankfully my husband was with me the whole time. I don't know if he was more annoyyed or scared. I'm buying a little pill container and I'm starting a journal. My boss, who works in another state, is here for a school we are having this wek. I'm really concerend I'm gonna fog up when I'm trying to do my presentations. I know this stuff like the back of my hand, but that doesn't mean the words will come out like I want them to. I also told him I can no longer travel for him. This is going to be a problem for the department as we are small and have 350 locations to visit and train on a new computer system. It's no consolation for the foggy masses, but misery does love company. I'm getting very concerned I won't be able to grasp the new program myself, let alone trouble shoot for callers. My intent was to be positive but I'm afraid I've been pretty much of a downer. Has Cymbalta been a help to anyone? I was prescribed it before I was siagnosed. (dyslexis, remember) Virtual hugs to all of you. This board is tremendous.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #17
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Hello everyone,
I have been reading this thread for a few days but have not posted, I just thought today would be a good day to do so, just to vent. I work at a bank handling peoples money all day. You must be very accurate with this (duh) otherwise you have p'd off people (wonder why). Anyway, when I have my bad bouts of Fibro fog I'll be counting 20s or whatever and I'll lose count. I forget how to put things in alphabectical order, and I walk around most of the day trying to remember what it was that I needed to do. This is very frustrating for me to have on a Monday. So is there really stuff you can take for this??? I've been on ultram before but I thought that was for sleep, it didn't work anyway. Oh well, enough complaining, everyone have a great night!

KSP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Ksp I know what you mean about the counting thing. When I worked I use to have a 'bank' of $200.00 every shift. At the end of your shift everything had to balance when you ran a shift close. Most people paid with CC but some would use cash and then they would refuse to pay for incidentals after I had already entered things in the computer. Anyway I can relate to the counting thing and how messed up after a while it would get. The guest was always right and I would be the one trying to make my bank balance. What a mess as I look back and think of the brain fog moments I don't know how I made it and I don't know how you all do it and hold down jobs. There was always some new accounting and computer procedures that came out in a memo, we were suppose to read the memo and sign that we read and understood it. I would just sign those things and move on, there was no way I understood all that stuff with my brain fog. I would just have one of the good guys I worked with show me what we needed to do and hoped I remembered it. My hats off to all you people that can still hack it in the workplace...good going!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #19
(female)

charleymopo HB User

One real biggy to remember to find a way to relieve stress. easy to say very very hard to do. i know i to suffer from fibro. there are days when it is hard to live with. i have just had my second back surgery and my fibro is calming down nicely i hope for some time. a lot of stress has been eliminated, for us by moving to a smaller home and kids else where. lol we have 6. my wife is putting more protien in my diet and that sure seems to help for me. as far as the brain fog, i still suffer from that every day. i should be out there driving my new car but am afriad of the fog rolling in while i am driving. for me it is so scary. going somewhere and all of a sudden either not know where i was going or being in an entirely different place. i wonder how i got where i did as safe as i did. i hate having to pull over and wait till the fog raises. i feel so stupid, and lonely. i cant keep up with conversations either. people blame it on my hearing. my doc says my brain is 1/2 second off when i want to do something so i loose my balance. makes me look like i'm drunk. lol ummm maybe i should be lol. any way im not sure if any of this reassures you that you are not alone. try to sleep well, at least better then i do even on meds. keep your chin up and find lots of GOOD support like i have. the best to you, may your stress level lower and your spirits soar.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #20
(male)

CowboyCarpenter HB User

Have you looked in to "functional hypoglycemia'?. When I learned to control my blood sugar levels, my chronic foggy head left. Check the web or Dr. PAAVO AIROLA. It helped me greatly reduce my CF. Regards, CC

Old 09-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
(female)

darci2 HB User

Hangin - I have experienced fibro fog also. It has been getting worse. The replies you have gotten from everybody are great, like having pictures of people to help remember their names. Humor during the situation helps also. I realize there are places you can't use this humor like at your husbands work outings, but when it happens to me I'll say " wow, was that a brain fart or what?" Lightens up the situation the people usually laugh and sometimes that particular conversation is even forgotten. Or they will in a good humored way explain what was forgotten or tell you the name forgotten, etc. I hope you and your husbands health improves real soon. I am sorry for everything your going through! I was glad to read your post because I thought the fibro fog was from loosing my mind (which part of it could posssibly be). It helped me to know that there are people out there with the same problem and that there is actually a term for it. Please take care of yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself. I would love to talk with you again!!

Darci (Winnie)

Old 09-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #22
(female)

Edi HB User

I'm bringing this subject up again because I've had brain fog pretty bad the last few weeks. I'll be doing fine and all of a sudden it's like someone pulls a see-thru net over my head. Everything is distorted and I can barely function.

Does anyone know what causes this. It's scary for sure.

I did do some research on brainfog and one of the reasons they say we get it is adrenal burnout and it's your body's way of telling you that you need to go rest.

I would be interested in knowing if any of the rest of you have come upon any solutions - any products you take, exercises, foods that are better for you etc.

I'm looking for ways to take care of the problem as opposed to learning how to live with it. I realize I may have to do both but I would like to find a solution or cure to the problem.

It seems to me that brain fog would be a symptom or sign of something. Thanks

Closed Thread