It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

rachellepeters HB User
My Cymbalta Experience

I've posted on my Cymbalta experience in the past and promised to continue an update.....here it is on a brief breakdown ---my background during my 8 years of pain started at 23, I tried zoloft for 1 week which did nothing for the pain, muscle relaxers only gave me diarreha so I only did those 1 time---and for the rest of the 7 3/4 years, I TOOK NO MEDS and rarely went to the doctor...the last straw that MADE ME go to the doctor a few months back was terrible terrible eye pain and the pain was getting worse...so I am not one who has been on meds or even liked the idea of being on antidepressants

Day 1...sick and diarehha
Day 2-7, continued 30 mg and had no pain for the first time in 8 years!
Days 7-30, continued the 30mg, but started skipping days. (at first, I would take pills for 3 or 4 days..then go without---and the pain would come back in about 3-4 days)
Days 31-60....continued pill skipping, and the length of time I could go without having the pain come back got longer. (I still got migraines weekly..but no muscle pain)

NOW...about 3-4 months into this...and I'm not lying or exagerrating and I CAN'T explain it. BUT I haven't had a cymbalta pill or any pain pill for about 3-4 weeks. I went 8 years of daily pain, and I almost feel cured..it's really unbelievable. NOTHING has changed in my life.

My uneducated analysis-------
I had a massage therapist tell me once. (just an example)...If you have arm pain constantly, the brain is being triggered to send those pain sensations to your arm, so a cortizone shot, or icing it, will numb it, and make the brain forget to send unneccassary pain signals to that area.

What if the cymbalta has made my brain forget to send those stupid pain signals to my body????

What do you guys think? I will keep an update if things change or don't change, because I am a bigtime lover of Cymbalta, and was from day 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 01:45 AM   #2
(male)

brend HB Userbrend HB User
Re: My Cymbalta Experience

Well done and thanks for the update.
I cannot get this med as I live in Ireland and it is not available yet. I have mentioned it to my doc and he asked for details and he will researchit. I am going to see him in 4 weeks and will bring details of your post.
I can only say that I hope and pray that your success lasts.
Brend

Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #3
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User

did it help your depression and mood swings?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
(female)

rachellepeters HB User

I didn't suffer from mood swings, and really didn't feel depressed before taking it.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

Twinklez81 HB User

oh ok, yeah i suffer with depession and anxiety disorder

i also have a hard time sleeping

Closed Thread