It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User
Trivial Question, but...Can anyone help?

Hi all - I know by most standards what everyone here is suffering is alot more difficult than this, so first I apologize for the trivial question, but since you all have so much experience, I will ask anyway.

Can anyone recommend a brand/style of good, supportive bra that is NOT an underwire? I have always worn underwire, but recently it seems I have developed a spot under my right breast that practically screams if I wear an underwire for more than a few minutes.

I am mostly in shorts & tshirts, and prefer to be braless at home, but after six kids, and with 36DD bra size, going out without a bra makes me uncomfortable. (Probably grosses out alot of other people too! ) I have sports bras that I wear when I excercise, but most of my wardrobe that is actually fitted, is fitted to wear with underwires. I put on a sundress for church on Sunday with a sports bra underneath, and let's just say the lay of the land, and therefore the fit of the dress, were not the same as with my regular underwire "dress up" bra. I go to church everyday, and most days go up on the altar to help the priest with Communion, so while my "dressy" wardrobe is not huge, I still can't afford to replace it all with clothes that fit my figure in a sports bra, and forcing my self into an underwire is getting harder and harder.

Any suggestions? Thanks and God bless for being here to read this kinda helpless sounding question.

Hope y'all are well & loving life, Marirose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Trivial Question, but...Can anyone help?

Marirose, no question is to trivial. I can't help with the answer cause I have tried and just can't wear underwires they are too painful. Then again I don't need the kind of support you do so my options are different than yours. I would suggest going to a specialized bra shop, I have one very close to me so I will be making a trip there soon since it seems everything in the dept. stores are not made for comfort. These shops usually specialize to help people with mastectomys and hard to fit bodys etc.

My daughter in law has had to have the breast reduction surgery, but I have never had a bra conversation with her, I will ask her for you when I get a chance. I'm sure someone on this board will have an answer for you.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

Hi - Thanks for the reply. If your DIL has any ideas, I sure would appreciate it. I live about 45 mins. from the nearest mall, and I can't even imagine where the nearest specialty shop would be, but I could find one if I had to. I just don't want to order something over the 'net and have to return it 100 times if someone else has a suggestion. I hope everything is well with you & your family. Peace, Marirose

Old 07-30-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Marirose, I checked with my DIL and she said Bali is a good brand and they do come without underwire. She also said she takes the underwire out sometimes and has had no problem. Hope this helps. Oops, I forgot she said you can buy that brand at major dept. stores.

Last edited by Glojer; 07-30-2005 at 03:43 PM.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 AM   #5

kuntryhart HB User

Marirose,
I have never been able to wear an underwire bra, they have always been painful for me to wear. But, I can recommend a bra that doesn't have an underwire. I like good support and uplift. I wear a bra made by Goddess. I think you can check it out at most of the major department stores. You could do a search for Goddess bras in your area, and probably find the stores that carry them. Or, just call around like we used to do before the internet became such a part of our lives. Hope this helps, and God Bless You.
Kuntryhart

Old 07-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User

hi ladies - thank you so much for the advice - I am going to look in to both those options...also, I read through a thread on costochondritis and someone there metioned a bra called "ipex" - it is a full coverage bra made by Victoria Secret. Don't know if it has underwire or not, but seemed to be working for that "poster". Thanks so much, maybe you & your DIL can use the info. on the ipex.

God bless you both for your help! Marirose

Closed Thread