It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User
Horrible arm pain

Well I'll start off by saying that I've been having these pains in my arms for about a week now. Sometimes they will be in my forearm or in my biceps. I've had them before but this week it just seems to be worse. Maybe because of this heat.

But something really weird happened yesterday. I was at work separating papers and my right arm started to hurt. So I stopped. Then resumed again. Back and forth, finally I just left and went out to lunch. I got in my car and started driving down the road when all of a sudden my arm felt like it had blown up to three times it size. My hand started to tingle. I could barely move it, couldn't drive with it. Then the pain moved up my arm to the bottom of my skull then traveled down the middle of my back. And I got this very tight feeling in my back. It hurt so bad that I was almost ready to cry. I hurried back to the office thinking either that someone had to take me to the hospital or I had to call someone quick. I get back to my desk and the whole thing just kind of lifted and slowly went away.

Now what the hell was that? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Could the heat have had anything to do with it? Was so bizarre and wasn't fun at all!

Old 07-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: Horrible arm pain

I have been having arm pain also, When I lay down it is worse. My elbow and wrist really hurt, but then it goes away, than I have bra strap area pain, shoulder, blade. mid back and neck pain even the underarm. I think I have jumping pain right now. I have been applying heat but do not even know where to put it. the pain waxes and wans all day also comes and goes, but when I go to bed it is really bad, no matter how I lay. You do not know where to put your arm.

Hope you are doing better, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hey guys, hello pyramid, maybe it was a really bad muscle spasm. that is so scary that that happened to you especially while you were driving. i am glad you are safe. sometimes i get these crazy things that happen to me that are hard to explain like i'll be watching t.v and all of a sudden it feels like my brain goes up and down and i get dizzy.
did you do something at work that was more than usual? just wondering because maybe you overused that arm, just a thought.
hope you are doing better today.
take care,
robin (girl75)

Last edited by girl75; 07-29-2005 at 10:21 AM.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
(female)

Pyramid56 HB User

Yeah it was pretty scary especially since I was driving. But I don't think I did anything new but who knows. I try not to over do it, and starting this new job was kind of hard, but you do what you got to do. It's like everyday it feels like it's something new. But it hasn't happened again so that's good. Still have the arm and chest pain but like what's new Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #5
(female)

MARCARRRIE HB User
Exclamation Re: Horrible arm pain

Hi.im Sorry To Hear About Your Arm Pain.unfortunely Its Part Of My Ongoing Fibromyalgia Symptoms.at Times I Cant Move Or Bend My Arms Due To The Terrible Pain.it Is Especially Painful At Night When I Try To Get Comfortable To Sleep.they Uasually Wake Me Up At Night.i Hope Your Pain Gets Better......marcarrie

Old 08-04-2005, 08:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Pyramid,

Welcome to the fibro family. Just another thought, maybe you have a pinched nerve in your neck or shoulder. This might account for the travelling pain you had.

Also if the work you were doing at the time was sort of repetitive, or if you weren't sat correctly, and perhaps suddenly moved, then this is the type of thing that can happen.

Take care.
goldenwings

Closed Thread