It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User
For Pa235

Hi Linda - How is your husband doing? You all have been in my prayers... I just had to send you a quick post - I was reading the thread about arm pain and your reply post was a perfect description of how I have been feeling recently. It brought tears to my eyes to read it - lately I have been allowing a little fear to creep into my life. I have always had trouble with anxiety, and sometimes I begin to think I am the only person in the world who experiences pain this way (not magnitude-wise, because I KNOW their are people who hurt way worse than I do) but more exactly the course the pain takes seems so....weird. Then I sometimes let anxiety take over and begin to worry...what's going to happen to me? how will I take care of the kids if the pain gets alot worse? what if the doc. missed something and its not FM after all? I try to pray my way through it, and usually that works, but there is no better balm for my soul than reading that someone else is making it feeling just like this. I can't thank you enough for that post. You absolutely made my day!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Peace & prayers, Marirose

Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: For Pa235

Hi Marirose,

My husband is doing well, but bored just sitting around, he was aways very active.Thank you for the prayers and concern.

My arm is better but not 100%, I have this dd for 21 years and had this arm thing about 9 months ago for 6 weeks for the first time. I know how the anxiety can kick in, when I get the breast, bra strap and shoulder pain my mind goes bonkers always thinking well maybe this time it is not the fm. My Dr. assured me that if it hurts more to press or move your arm it is muscular not heart, but still I can get caught in the anxiety trap.

A few weeks ago I went to the ER beause I was getting continual sharp shooting pains across the top of my chest from one side to another, I have got these before but never like this time, They checked me, ekg, monitoring, blood work, chest xray, even though the Dr. said immediately that is not heart pain, she said that type of pain is from a nerve. I knew it was not heart but in the back of my mind the thought was there. I could not stand the zappers, as I call them, any longer, They gave me a IV injection of torodal which did nothing. Are you getting the bra strap pain also? sometimes my upper chest is so sore I cannot stand clothing.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Marirose HB User
Re: For Pa235

Hi Linda,

Glad your husband is doing better. I can imagine it must be difficult for him to sit around if he is an active guy. I will keep praying for you both.

Thanks for the information too. I do get the bra strap pain - I have one spot under my right breast that really, really hurts to push on it, when I look at the area, I expect to see a bruise it hurts so much, but of course, there is nothing there. It also goes into my shoulder, shoulder blade, mid back, and worst for me, my neck & jaw. My big problem with anxiety is that my dad has hepatitis C, has had a liver transplant & has been to hell & back with it all, and everytime I feel that pain below my breast, my mind says "OMG! What if there is something wrong with my liver!" My doc. has said my liver is fine, but still....you know the way one's mind can race. It's good to know that your doc. said if it hurts more to press or move the arm it's muscular. It definitely hurts more when I move my neck & jaw, and shoulder, esp. in the mornings, so I guess in a strange kind of way, that's comforting?

I am glad that your heart checked out ok, and hope that things keep on getting better for you & your husband. My anxiety level is slowly lowering ( always have a couple of bad PMS days), but your posts really help me in that, so thanks so much for being there.
peace, Marirose

Closed Thread