It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Here I go again !!

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know the latest, as I don't think I will be on too much for a while. As much as I can be anyway though !!

My doctor has told me that I have full ribcage inflammation/costochondritis. I have had costo for years, but only in blocks as I call them. This latest bout is very bad though because the whole of my ribs are inflamed so very badly. This has all come about because I have not gotten over the heart surgery procedure yet, and then the tummy surgery on top of that hasn't helped.

Because of all of my medical conditions, I have to take weird and wonderful drugs, but any NSAID's are out because they all interact with my strong meds. So I have to make do with headache pill strength painkillers. Weird though, Ii still have headaches every day he he !!

I have had trouble breathing for a while now also, and the doctor said that because my ribs weren't expanding properly, this is why I can't breath too well. To add insult to injury, I have inflammation of the gullet too. Hey ho !! Trust me, what am I like. I keep on laughing but I feel like crying, and that isn't me at all.

Sitting at my desk is a bit of a problem, but I doing my best to be here. I just thought I would let you know the latest.

Take care my friends.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-02-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User
Re: Here I go again !!

Golden, so sorry to hear you are not well. I think everyone should borrow you the blankets that you've made for them so you can wrap yourself in thier comfort and know we are here for you and we care! You get plenty of rest and keep us posted when your able. Until then peace and my prayers are with you...
ksp

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Oh my Golden, I feel so bad for you! I am taking deep breathes for you. What can I do to help? Ksp is right, we will all take peices of our blankets and make you the most colorful and wonderful blanket of warmth and energy. Please...Please...Please...take care of yourself, you are very much needed here.

Rest and heal and please feel the healing and love that comes to you from across the pond. I know it will be hard to keep your spirits up, but I know you can make it despite your health problems, you are a strong woman.

Take care of YOU please and let compassionman help.

Glojer

Old 08-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Golden I just can't get you off my mind. If blue were here what would she say? Try to imagine that! I'm sure she would come up with something to make you laugh. Use laughter as much as you can to get through this rough spot.

Oh, well maybe not! Does it hurt to laugh? Oh well that would be a good hurt. I remember when I had all my abdominal surgeries, my family and friends just love to make me laugh and boy did that hurt. The more I laughed and held my stomach the more they would laugh and then the more I laughed at them. It was all done out of love believe me they were not making me laugh to be cruel. Of course that was in my youth, we were all young then and took so much for granted. I did get my evens though when my best friend had the same surgery a few years after me!! As they say paybacks are a ----- well you know!

Golden take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Glojer

Old 08-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Dear Golden,

So sorry to hear that you are suffering so. It must be scary when it is hard to breathe since being able to take deep breathes is a good way of calming the body. You have sure had your share.

I will be breathing deeply for you and sending all that fresh air and love your way. I will be sending you a quilt made from all of the love and support of those on this board. The stitching is to keep you together and the quilt is to give you comfort.

You send blankets to all, it is your turn to have something sent your way.

You are in my prayers and in when I re-pot my flowers today I will be thinking of you. Flowers are so beautiful and get better with care and love.

Peace and love, Janet

"Compassin can help heal our World"

Old 08-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Golden,
Hope you are doing better today. I was dxed with costro about 4-5 years ago, it is so painul, it hurts to take a deep breath. Mine is mainly in the low ribs, bra strap area and breast on the left. I get that tight band all the way around the ribs in under my breast like someone is tightening a belt around me and you feel like you cannot breath. i know what you are going through. Nothing helps me, but heat, the meds do nothing but put me in lala land or upset my stomach.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 08-03-2005 at 07:44 PM.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

My Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for all of your messages. I never cease to be amazed at the support from all of you when you are all having to deal with so much in your own lives.

""I think everyone should borrow you the blankets that you've made for them so you can wrap yourself in thier comfort and know we are here for you and we care!"" ksp, thank you so, so much for your words. I do appreciate them very much.

""I feel so bad for you! I am taking deep breathes for you. What can I do to help? Rest and heal and please feel the healing and love that comes to you from across the pond"". Glojer, as I type this I feel that I want to breath in more. Thank you my friend.

""I will be sending you a quilt made from all of the love and support of those on this board. The stitching is to keep you together and the quilt is to give you comfort"". Hangin, what a wonderful way with words you have and what a beautiful thing to do for me.

pa235, I used to get most of my costo pain in my upper rib cage. This is the worst it has even been, the whole of the front and back. Mind you I will go having these heart and tummy surgeries won't I? No pain meds for me either, but I have fought and won worse than this he he !! It is very difficult but I will get there. Thanks for your message.

I do appreciate you all so much. Thank you.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-04-2005 at 08:54 AM.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh goldenwings, your message about the quilt is so beautiful. God bless you and keep you well. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Are you having surgery? i may have missed some posts since my husbands heart attack?

I am really have a bad time with costro flare, ouch, It has been so humid here and I think that is making things worse.

Love and will cover myself in
your quilt, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 08-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Dear Linda,

How is your dear husband? I know of his heart problems, and offered my help when I heard, just for moral support. I know how frighteneing it must have been for him and of course you. I have had 2 heart attacks and also a triple bypass. If you ever need any help and support on these type of things, let me know.

I had tummy surgery a couple of months ago, and ended up with a blood clot on the lung, a chest infection and pleurisy. If all that wasn't bad enough, it started off my costo again. Hey ho !! I hadn't recoverd from the hammering of my ribs after the heart surgery, so this on top really put the icing on the cake and made for jolly times he he !

I do hope that you too get some relief soon. I am going to send you a blanket of the most beautiful green. Wrap it around both you and your husband, be safe and secure and think of pastures new. You deserve it.

Much love

goldenwings

Old 08-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

How did you know that green is my favorite color.I love reading your posts you are always so supportive and poetic.

You have really been through the grind, I hope things start improving for you soon. I am sending loving and healing thoughts your way.

My husband is doing well, he gets tired but they changed his b/p meds plus added added other meds so this may be the cause. He is very bored as he is always doing something and is only allowed short walks. Sat. he can do dishes and dust, bet he will taking all the dishes out of the cupboards and washing them over and over, my house will be dust free. The cardio told me he could not drive for 6 weeks but the Drs. assit. said two, I making him listen to the cardio.

Love, blessings and healing thoughts coming your way, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 08-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Linda,

I think that perhaps your husband is getting more tired becaue he is bored. Inactivity really makes us tired I feel. He has to tke it slowly though, as he knows.

I agree with you 6 weeks is the time given normally for "attempting" driving. As with all tasks, he should try them but not push himself. If he can't do it one day, try again the next. There is the tendency to have a blanket timetable for when to do things, the physical condition of the person previous to heart attack or even surgery is never taken into account.

I was asked to walk up a full flight of stairs before I was allowed home after my surgery. Hello, I couldn't do it before surgery because of my physical disabilities, but they didn't think of that. They have a rigid time set of doing things and that is the way they think it should be done. I hasten to add I don't even suppose any of them had had a heart attack either Your husband can only do things in his own time, and he mustn't think that becase he cant do it now, he won't do it tomorrow. Don't let him rush into anything.

PLease take care of yourself and I hope the costo eases up a little for you each day.

goldenwings

Old 08-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

dearest golden,
well sister! you sure have been busy while i was gone. you wrap up in both my blankets and gaze at the lovely picture of the mountains i painted for you. sunrise, filled with color and light.
i shall have to stand you in the corner for being such a naughty girl while i was gone. do you see me wagging my finger at you? giggle. since i was naughty too we can stand there together and giggle. my mom used to send my sis and i to different corners as we would giggle the whole time and boy did that ever irritate her. shucks, i must have spent most of my childhood in a corner or on restriction. i was and am one adventurous child.
i hope today finds you feeling a bit better. when you are up to it pop in and let's give each other one huge hug.
love you,
bluelakelady

Old 08-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #13
(female)

judith4d HB User

Hi Golden, Ain't chrondo grand!. I feel (ouch) as if someone is rubbing steel wool across my ribs. I'm so concerend about over medicating ( I had a stupid incident two weeks ago) that I'm probably under medicating. I can't fathom how people who have had this for years even begin to function. I had to help teach school last week. My voice quit for over an hour. I had an MRI on my hips and lower back on Wed. My doctor called on Friday afternoon. She wants to see me tomorrow. If I had passed she would have said so. I'm allergic to all the NSAIDS. I'm taking Vicodin right now but not doing much at all. I'm walking like a cave man with rashy thighs. I was at dentist this mornng. lying back in the chair was as comfortable as I've been in months. Golden hang them in there with me and the rest of us. I'm thinking at this point the best I can hope for is arthritis. PLEASE, if anyone has had injections for chrondo let me know. I'd like some information form civilians before I agree to any. I've read a few books but two of three were far too technical. I'm getting to the point I have to really make an effort to be presentable when I leave for work. any hints or suggestions. I don't own heels so I don't have that worry. Very tender hugs to all of you. You are all apprecaited . Judy

Old 08-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Judy,

Thanks for your message. Yes, I have in the past had steroid injections for my costo. The thing is this time, it is a full rib cage inflammation. Because I have lupus and fibro, and lots of other medical conditions, treatment methods are a big issue with me. This time though it is not going to be possible unfortunately for them to inject me.

I can't take any painkillers either. That's because of all of the serious medications I am on for other medical conditions. I am still recovering from heart surgery, so this is the last thing I needed at this time.

Anyway glad to meet you and I hope you get some relief soon. Go for the injections if you can, they are a great treatment. I wish I could have them again.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-15-2005 at 04:16 PM.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:08 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi ya goldie,
how are you feeling today? been thinkin about you alot.
love,
blue

Closed Thread