It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Make it...

Make it stop....puhleeeeease

I am SO sick of all this pain, fatigue, everything! What happened to my life?

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Last edited by GodsGirl4ever06; 08-06-2005 at 09:11 PM.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:11 AM   #2
(female)

DecLady HB User
So sorry you are having these feelings..

I do think that we all go thru this from time to time. You are young if I remember correctly..and it must be so hard for you to not live life the way you expected to be able to. I think the key to getting over feeling like this...is to allow yourself a bit of a pity party...then MAKE yourself start thinking about what you CAN do..and what you DO have! It is coming from a positive train of thought that allows any one with any disability to continue going forward on daily basis.
You post caught me this morning..because just yesterday I said that I wanted to feel good and go have fun! I , too , get very tired of all this...
But, on my "good' days...I do lots of things that I love doing...and I know that there is still joy to be had.
Hang in there Julie...this too shall pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Make it...

Godsgirl4ever! Your user name says it all. Put your faith in the fact that you will get through this. I know how hard it has been for you this summer trying to work and be on your feet, and still have the fun with your friends that a 17yr. old expects to have. It seems though that you have survived most of it so that is a positive thing.

Your pain is there and it is real, give it the consideration it deserves. Acknowledge it is there and make peace with it and then put it in its proper place. Your pain is not who you are, it is just there. Like Declady says, give yourself permission to have a pity party for awhile and then move on.

You have so much life ahead of you and there is such hope that a cure will be found for FM.

By the way Julie have you tried the massage yet? Treat yourself to something that will make you feel better, give yourself a chance to heal. I'm fighting going into another flare myself and I can relate to how hard it is to let go and just let the FM be until the pain passes. I know you can do it though because for 17 you are a very strong young women.

Peace and pain free days to us all

Glojer

Old 08-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Make it...

Hiya GodsGirl,

Just a message of hope for you. I have been disabled with various medical problems since I was young. I was diagnosed with lupus when I was 16, this really changed my life in a big way. Since then I have had lots of medical and surgical interventions because of different physical conditions. When I was diagnosed with fibro about a year ago, I though "You have got to be kidding, how much more do I need". I can't change it though, so I am trying my best to be of support to others who also need help with dealing with it.

I didn't have what you could call a conventional life growing up. I missed out on lots and lots of things. What I did though was to realise eventually, that whilst I couldn't do many things, they were lots of other things I could do and do them well. I had a very stressful job, but thrived on it, I have travelled a lot, getting to do things which were only in my dreams when I was younger, the icing on the cake for me was that I got married 16 years ago. None of these things did I ever think were going to be possible when I was 16 and diagnosed with my first horrid illness.

Honestly, you will get there in the end, it is very difficult I know, but try not to give in to the demons. Fight them and come out on top. With the support and love of your wonderful family, and the care and back-up from coming here to be with others in the same position, I know things be be ok.

I really enjoy the things I do in my life, limited though it is. When I achieve something, I feel so good about it. I actually give out emotional advice and support to other people who have the same type of medical conditions as I do, and this is one thing I enjoy doing tremendously. I have taken a not very good sittuation and turned it around. This has helped me to deal with all that I have going on with me. Don't get me wrong, I do have days when I think "no more please", but those feelings don't last for long. I come here and I share, and then I know that I am not alone in any of this.

Honestly, you will get there in the end, it is very difficult I know, but try not to give in to the demons. Fight them and come out on top. With the support and love of your wonderful family, and the care and back-up from coming here to be with others in the same position, I know things be be ok.

I do so hope that you are a bit better soon.

Lots of love

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-07-2005 at 10:58 AM.

Closed Thread