It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

Angie71 HB User
Newbie-whole family with Fibro

Hi I am Angie71 and I just found these boards and they are great.

My whole family has been diagnosed with Fibro-
Dad, Mom, Me, Sister, Preteen Niece and Teenage Niece.

Our doctor says the new research out is showing that fibromyalgia while present itself earlier and earlier in each new generation.

Well I am going to go check out the boards there is such great info here.

Angie71

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Newbie-whole family with Fibro

Welcome Angie, you are right you will find great info and caring people here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

man angie that is so crazy. i am so sorry, but i guess yall all have each other for support. your own little support group. i know just me having fibro in my house is hard to live with but i can't imagine everyone having it.
welcome to the boards and hopefully you and your family members will get some useful advice from here, i know i do.
see you around,
robin (girl75)

Old 08-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
(female)

AnnabelleLee777 HB User

Is fibromyalgia genetic? Has anyone heard anything about that?

Old 08-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
(female)

Angie71 HB User

Thanks for the welcomes.
Yeah it can get crazy around here. It really gets crazy if more than one of us is out of remission. Which happens more often than not.
We are always joking that we are going to put up a flag pole and create a color code so people will know whether to come knocking at the door or not. LOL

I don't know if it is genetic or not. I just know my whole family has been diagnosed with it.

Angieb

Old 08-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi Angie,

Welcome!

Wow, your household must be very supportive and different. It seems to cross all boundaries, Dad, Mom, You, Sister, Preteen Niece and Teenage Niece. I have never heard of a family having so many of its members that has Fibro. I find it interestingl

It sounds like your family has a great sense of humor. You would have to with all of you dealing with Fibro.

I am surprised that no doctor has recommended that they do a study on your family. I mean this in a nice way. I wonder what kind of information they could get regarding genetics, skipping or not-skipping generations, etc. Your family could be a fountain of knowledge and lead to some understanding of Fibro. Just a thought. There are teaching hospitals, research centers and hospitals that do a lot of research and testing that just might like to get their hands on you, I mean this figuratively, do sudies, collect data, things that would not be hurtfull to the body. Your eating habits, illnesses in the family, simple things like that we might be able to learn a lot from. Something could come out of this that could bring a world of help to fibro patients.....that would be awesome Something good that came out of a difficult situation.

At least you all understand each other and how each one of you feel. That is a big hurddle in itself when family members who do not have it just don't get it. Not that I blame them, it is the unknown that scares them.

You could do your own research when you are up to it and write down when, whom, symptoms, etc. of the family members who have it if this is something you would be interested doing. I find it fascinating.

I have read that they feel that fibro may be genetic, if so, your family is the living proof. When your doc said it presents itself earlier in each new generation, there must be a reason he says this and where does he get this info? I find this all very interesting.

I hope you do not take offense from anything I said. I mean it in the sense that you may bring help to millions of people. You never know.

If you care to share, are all of you on the same level of illness? How do you handle the illness with so many of you not feeling well? I cannot stress enough, I say this with caring in my heart.

You came to a great place to get support, this is a wonderful board. Hope I didn't say anything that bothered you.

Peace and Love, Hangin

Old 08-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #7
(female)

Angie71 HB User

I wasn't bothered or offended by anything you said. We are always saying that somebody should use us as rab lats (lab rats) my sister and I have always said it that way. LOL

Our Family Doctor(She is a she-LOL) just said that the new research out was leaning towards it being genetic and it showing up earlier in each. When we first found her it was great- She was the one to diagnose us and she let me borrow her medical book on Fibro and I copied it. Great Info. And now when she gets new info on it she shares it with us.
She is also the one that does our accupuncture, accupressure, and manual manipulation. She also got us tens units to use at the house.

Preteen- most all of the symptoms. But she is our protein(meat) eater so she does a little better.

Teen- she is the yogaholic so she has longer and more remission times than the rest of us.

Sister- full blown symptoms.

Mom- full blown symptoms. Plus diabetes, congestive heart failure, degenerative cartlidge and diabetic retinophy which has caused her to be almost blind.

Dad- full blown symptoms. Plus high blood pressure caused by having to much blood and thick blood. They are still running tests to find out the cause of why his body keeps producing the blood. And arthritis.

Me- full blown symptoms. Plus my kidneys reject my immune system (1 large, 1 small kidney- genetic thing).

I am the one that takes care of most everything for Mom and Dad, my sister lives next door with my nieces so we are all close together for support when we need it.

I am the list maker to keep up with everything which is good when we get fibro fog.

I am the caretaker most of the time. I just force myself to keep on the go and get it done. I do everything for Mom.

I am going to start a research journal on us-it is going to include who is out of remission and for how long, the food we eat and if it makes the symptoms worse, what helps and what doesn't, how long remission lasts and what precedes coming out of it.

We have done figured out on of the things that precedes us coming out of remission and going into full blown symptoms- a sinus infection.

I think it would be great to find a research study on fibro and get in on it.

Angieb

Closed Thread