It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Goldenwings...Hangin...anyone?

Just a quick question. Have I missed any posts by TK about her son. I know he was sick and I can't seem to find that old post. I was just wondering because I missed a few days on the board and thought I might have missed some info on how he is doing.

The fibro fog and the up and down days of this goofy disease makes me wonder sometimes if I just don't see certain things or am I just not remembering them correctly.

Anyway, thanks for any info you have. Say, I wonder how Bluelake is doing with all the unpacking. I don't envy her.

Glojer

Old 08-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Goldenwings...Hangin...anyone?

Hiya Glojer,

I have been of the same mind, but didn't post because I think the original messages by tk have been deleted. There is a sticky on the board "when a member is away......". It does actually say that we are to wait whilst a member comes back. It is worrying I know, but we have to abide by the rules.

I hope you and your husband are doing ok.

Take care my friend.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-09-2005 at 11:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
(female)

bilij HB User

Hello Folks, on August 4th, TK answered a thread by AARNON about
a Duragic patch. I too have been off the board for awhile but I did
reply by asking TK about her son. She did not post back. I would
really like to hear from her. I miss her posts. Your fibro friend from
Alabama.......
Bilij

Old 08-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya bilij,

So good to hear from you stranger. How are you doing?

I think that sometimes the posts are a little off topic, and this is why the rulings apply. It's difficult when we try to combine so many things together, but we know that we think of each other's families daily and wish them all the best of our hearts.

Let's not worry, and hope that tk comes back to us soon, with a wealth of her usual banter and great reading matter.

Whatever happens, tk does know how much we love and miss her.

goldenwings

Old 08-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi Glojer,

My thoughts were the same the past few times I have gone on board. She is posting as bilij says so I am of the frame of mind that all is well.

I know she is going through a lot so it can only help her that we are wondering and concerned about the health of herself and her son.

Glojer and Goldenwings, how are you doing? I haven't been able to post much since I am not feeling well at all, however, I have done my best to read the board every day to keep up.

I also want to welcome all the newcomers to the board. I feel terrible that I haven't responded with even a welcome, in time I will say hello and get to know you all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace and love, Hangin

"Compassion can help heal the World"

Last edited by hangin; 08-09-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #6
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Hi everyone, I too saw that post on the 4th from tk, I'm sure she'll pop in soon. Hey Golden, how is your costo doing? I hope your feeling better. I miss Blue too, I hope she's not passed out on the floor from unpacking. he he...
Glojer, sorry to hear your not feeling well.
Quick question for all of you just because I know you won't think I'm crazy. Do you see things (big and little) out of the corner of your eye, then you look and theres nothing there. I've been having some really strange things happening and it's all too often for my liking. Well I'm gonna go read more posts, have a great night!

KSP

Old 08-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya ksp,

Ribs still crushing like billyho, but time will heal - I hope. Thanks for asking. Thing is though, I can't apply the foam painkilling treatment myself, so if my husband isn't here, which he almost always isn't, I have to slap it on best as I can, more on the walls and floor than on my bod. Never mind, you've got to laugh haven't you?

Wow, I don't believe it !! Seeing things like you say, this happens to me a lot. I think it's when I am really tired though more often than not. Because I spend so much time on my own, I get quite jittery. I jump with fright though, a bit of exercise for me though he he !! Now I know you get it too, I can relax a little. Thanks ksp.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-09-2005 at 04:27 PM.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
(female)

Golden, I'm sorry to hear you still have that nasty stuff, I hope it goes away soon, I will be praying for your comfort. I can just imagine the mess you make with that foam, I did get a great laugh out of it. I too have a hubby thats gone most of the week. This morning we were in a terrible storm with 80+ mile an hour winds. Boy let me tell you that will wake you up quick! The power went out and we have well water, as well as an electric water heater so I got a nice cold trickling shower this morning and no coffee...AAAAHHH! I had to go clean up the mess all by my lonesome, chairs, Deer Feeder, trees (not the big ones, he's gonna have to get those). O.K. my pity party is over.
I'm so glad to hear that It's not only me seeing things, except I'm always tired. I used to have this happen every once in a while but as I said before, It's too often for my liking right now. They kinda freak me out too, can I share them with anyone? So is this a Fibro thing or something else? I don't recall any other threads talking about it.

KSP

Old 08-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi ksp,

If we have not met, hi

I absolutely can identify with what you and Golden are saying. I am always seeing things, little things, light changes, little movements. I have always wondered if it was just me.

My hubby is gone alot also so I am home alone except for my wonderful companion, Curly. I think it is that, being tired, in pain, etc. that makes these things appear or jump out. I call them the heebee, jeebees!!

Have a good night everyone.

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 08-10-2005, 08:10 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thanks everyone for your replys. I did hesitate before posting because I read the thread about leaving people alone if they were away from the boards and I certainly agree with that. This though I felt was just a question about what I might have missed, and I guess I did miss some things. Gee! imagine that!!!

Bilij it was so nice to hear from you, been wondering about you also and how you were doing.

Golden seems like you are an artist, at least with the foam. Sorry you are still dealing with so much, I'm sending you special energy to help you heal.

Hangin I think you are going to need some of that special energy also. It seems you are having a hard time coming out of your flare. I think thats what you said it was...wasn't it? For some reason the last two days have been good for me. The two days before that I was worried I was going into another flare. So I took matters into my own hands. I zapped myself with extra synthroid, not always smart to medicate yourself, but it worked. This time!!

Ksp yes I also see those little things out of the corner of my eyes. I think sometimes those things happen before a headache. What I really like to think they are though is spirits and angels I almost get a glimpse of, that is so much more fun. If you have floaters in your eyes that could also be an explanation.

Thanks everyone for your replys I have to get moving and not waste my little bit of energy. What am I saying, it is never a waste when I am talking with all of you!! I do need to go get my phone calling done, I save it up cause I hate sitting and waiting for people on the phone and then waiting for them to call you back so you can finish up some paperwork you have had laying around for a week waiting to be called back!!!!!! I think I really hate the phone because in my job I use to answer 150 phone calls an hour for 8hrs straight. I did that for 6yrs. before they eliminated the position. Kind of puts you off on the phone calls.

Have a great day, more later

Glojer

Old 08-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Dear Glojer,

I feel the same way you do about things we see or feel that appear not to be there. My thoughts are that since we have a body that works differently than others we have more time to sit and become aware of the world around us. At least I have more time. Sounds corny, but I do believe that those who are ill have a closer relationship with the spirit. IMO Things that seemed so important before are not anymore. As I like to say, "Don't sweat the small stuff". Although I am guilty of it all the tiimeLOL.

I have more fun and get so much TLC (tender, loving, care) from this board.

Do you work at home or are you a woman of luxury like me...

Take care everyone,

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #12
(female)

Good -Evening everyone,
Hangin- Hi there nice to meet you. I suppose your right because I'm always tired and in pain, I wish that darn pain would just take a vacation some time. I work 40+ hours a week and when I come home I have 3 dogs a cat, ducks, and geese to take care of so I don't have that "woman of luxury" thing but it would be nice. ( I know you didn't ask me that question, sorry)
Glojer- I don't have floaters, but I do get those nerve twitches in my eyes (thats the wierdest feeling) I do like your positive additude about the angels and spirits maybe I'll have to try that.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Hi ksp,

You are a busy woman. Being able to work is much nicer than not. I know a lot of people think differently, but it is true for me. I miss the interaction, my mind being tested, the money , everything about it.

Being a woman of leisure I should have said is not all that great. However, I try and do my best and keep a sense of humor about me.

I love animals too. I have always, for some reason, been a little afraid of geese and ducks. I was never attacked or anything, go figure.

I do get the twitches in my eyes and under my eyes. When I get them bad I take magnesium. It works like a charm for me.

Take care,

Peace and love, Hangin

Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin, yes I am a women of leisure..he! he!. If that's what we can call it. I am sure I will be paying for this, but I just spent the last two days on my bathroom and dressing area and closet. Yesterday was clean out the closet and get rid of things my husband has had since the 70's ( I swear, my brother ask if we found the Lindbergh baby in there!!!!). Today since I felt so good, with so much energy, I cleaned the baseboards and all the woodwork including the louvered doors to the closet and dressing area. Of course compulsive that I am I can't just wipe them off, I have to use a toothbrush and get in all the cracks. Then I did the usual cleaning of the bath etc. I KNOW I AM NUTS! and I will pay for it tomorrow I can already tell. I have already made up my mind to hire someone to come in and do some cleaning on a regular basis. I can tell this was a one last 'hoorah' for me.

Ksp, good for you that you can work, that is if you like your job. I did have to give mine up a year ago. Too much brain fog and too much pain. I do miss some of the people and some of the work though. Yeah, on the duck and geese thing. Count me with Hangin, I have a bird phobia, a really bad one and although ducks and geese aren't that bad for me, they do have feathers and wings so I'm not so crazy about them.

I'm with you guys on the eye twitches, but since I have been taking the vitamins which include magnesium and malic acid I haven't noticed them so much. Those eye twitches use to drive me crazy, when I would be with a client I would just have to put my finger on the twitch and apologize to the client cause the eye would not stop twitching.

I think Hangin is right, and we can be more sensitive and tuned into what may be around us. I love to think of things that happen suddenly and maybe can't be explained as the spirits and angels that surround us and sometimes when things happen I will call out. Most of the time I think it is my mother and I just start talking to her and sometimes tell her ok I get the point or whatever is appropriate for what is happening. True or not it does help me.

Ok the burning pain is kicking in and I will be kicking myself in the hind end, but it felt good to feel good for a couple days and accomplish something I haven't been able to do in a long time. I'll take the down time just to have those few good days...I think.

Glojer

Old 08-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #15
(female)

O.K. ladies, I can agree with you on the Goose thing, they are just our "watch dogs" for all the Cyotes, Bears, Deer, Skunks, and all the other critters we have running around here. However, the ducks, if you would see them when I feed them you would change your mind. If they just see me with the pail, they know I'm coming to feed them and they're out of that pond in a heartbeat running (wobbling) just as fast as thier little legs will carry them. Then they talk to me in thier own little way to tell me thanks. It's so cute, I don't try to hold them or anything.
Thanks for the Idea of Magnesium Hangin,I'll have to try that.
Glojer, you don't know how hard I laughed when I read about you and your client with the eye twitches. I was at work a few days ago when this was happening to me, and I was helping a customer that had her young child with and he kept staring at me, I think I freaked him out a little so I had to chuckle. Have a great night all!!

KSP

Closed Thread