It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

fraow HB User
Unhappy extreme fatigue ?

I have been enjoying the summer with my girls. When it is nice we have been going down to the river. My problem is this last week I can sleep about 20hours a day. Today I tried not to rest but my mind is in a terrible fog. Has this happened to anyone? Should I be worried? Normally I just have a nap after lunch but that has not been the case this past week. I am trying to exercise in the mornings but I feel sleepy after. last week for days I just laid in bed and did nothing. I would sleep a bit and just lie there half awake and half asleep. This is a very deep kinda sleep. I wake up with a dry mouth and in a fog. I'm suppose to schedule my yearly but I have not had the energy to do so. Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Deanna

Old 08-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User
Re: extreme fatigue ?

Fraow, sorry to hear your so sleepy. I also had a bout like that about 2 years ago. I'm sorry I can't help you with a fix for the problem because at the time I was on a 1 year disability leave (other issues) and I blamed it on boredom and sought no help for it. I on the other hand have no children so I can see the issue this poses for you. Mine ended up lasting about 5 months so I hope you are able to get help. You posted in the right place, I'm sure there will be some answers for you since everyone here is so knowledgable and kind. One question though, Have you had anything happen in your life recently before this started happening that might have brought this on??

KSP

Last edited by ksp; 08-09-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

hello deana, welcome to the fibro board. i get really tired like that too. even when i exercise i still get tired. my 2 and 5 yr olds and i all get up at the same time and i am the only one who needs a nap by 4:00pm. i usually take an hr nap but sometimes it will end up being 2 or 3hrs.
just this past week i got some extra energy from somewhere and i have been able to do some house work. last week i had food poisoning, from eating chinese food that i left out, and my house got so bad. i have been slowly catching up.
unfortunatly fatigue is horrible for some of us and for me i know nothing really helps on really bad days so i just try and rest.
take care and hope to see you around,
robin

Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #4
(female)

fraow HB User

There has been nothing unusual going on around here that I can think of. My b-day was Saturday and I turned 36. We have been having some financial problems. I usually deal with it. Maybe it is just getting to me. I am still tired. Lied around today till noon.

Thanxs anyways

Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Dear fraow,

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough time. I know that fatigue is hard and must be frustrating let alone a hardship to your health physically and mentally. Mentally I mean in the sense of that it is harder to deal with things when you are so tired.

I really cannot offer any advice that is a given. Have you gone to a doctor and talked with them about your fatigue? Another option is going to a health food store and seeing if they have any suggestions. There are tonics and food supplements that might help you.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. I would try and get some input from a doctor if you can. It is always good to know that nothing serious is going on. It helps me to know what is going on, my stress level goes down. As Ksp suggested, look at what is going on in your life, sometimes problems sneak up on us even though we think we have it covered IMO.

Take you naps. Your body is telling you something and you need at least that rest.

Hang in there, take care of your babies as you are. You sound like a wonderful, loving mother.

Peace and love, Janet

"Compassion can help heal our World"

Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Have your thyroid checked, if you haven't already done so. I was like that a few years back and I have been working with an endocrinologist to get and to keep my tsh count between 1 and 3. When I'm having a flare, it seems like all I want to do is lie down. Of course sleep usually evades me, but I have the overwhelming fatigue.

Just a suggestion.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
(female)

hummingbirdhope HB User

I feel like I stay tired, if I tried to do something I have to rest after about 20 minutes. Sometimes I am so exhausted after a little house wrok I just collaspe on the couch for hours.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Ditto that hummingbirdhope, I know what your saying!!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #9
(female)

fraow HB User

I found out part of the problem. I had a different allergy pill. It has dipenhydramine hydrochloride in it. It knocks me out! I can only take half a pill it seems. This wreaks havoc on my body and blam I'm gone. Stess is another part of the problem my doctor says. Stress won't go away until the money problems are fixed. She is running tests again but she doubts she will find anything different for my thyroids, blood count and all the usual stuff.

Thanxs to you all for your suggestions, concerns and comments. I appreciate it! Glad I have you all!

Old 08-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your welcome fraow, keep us posted on how you are doing.

Closed Thread