It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

tkelly HB User
Any Suggestions?

I was finally diagnosed with fibro about a year ago ( it only took 5 years of tests to get to that point). Since than I have tried just about everything to help. Not much is helping.
I switched jobs, meds, and vitamins. I seem to be having a really hard month. My daughter was hurt. She is okay but all of the pain I have been working to get rid of is back in full force.
Any suggestons on how to deal with the stress?

Old 08-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Any Suggestions?

Welcome tkelly!

Everyone deals with stress in there own way, we just have to find what works for us as individuals. I personally try to find a quiet spot and just take deep breathes and visualize something relaxing. The visualization thing came from a psychologist friend years back and I had forgotten about it until recently, it does seem to help. Closing your eyes in a quiet place and just taking long slow deep breathes can help you center yourself and focus.

Then of course if all else fails there is always screaming and crying!!!! They are a little noisier, but they can be effective!!! Actually we like laughter on this board as a stress reliever much more than screaming and coming here to vent and help others is always on the list. Good Luck.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hangin HB User

Welcome tkelly,

Sorry you are not feeling well and that your daughter was injured. That must have been scary for you.

I know the frustration of taking years to have a diagnosis, going through different meds and supplements, feeling like you have it under control and then wham, life throws you a curve and you feel every ache on your body.

I think with Fibro it can be harder to deal with stress since our bodies are stressed to begin with. Coming to this board was a good start to begin to have a place to de-stress.

Keep telling yourself that all will be well even if you do not feel like it. I walk around telling myself this. For me it is my voice validating that I am under control of my life and have the final say in all. I know it is hard to feel this way when you have something like Fibro since the aches and pains are hard to deal with at times.

I have gone to the Health Store or vitamin store and been very successful with Holistic supplements. There is something called Calms Forte, is is used for stress and sleep. It really works. It usually is not hard to find. If there is a Health store you can go to, talk to the people working there. They can be very helpful in knowing what might help you. I got a lot of tonics and such, some worked some did not. Those that worked were awesome. The names can be different everywhere but I think that Calms Forte is the same in mose places. There is also a posting at the beginnng of this board that has a lot of information on supplements, you might want to take a look.

Believe me, I am not making light of how you feel physically and mentally. When your child is hurt and you are sick, the stress and worry you have magnifies when you are not 100%.

Try to get to a place of quiet, even for 15 minutes. You have come far in getting to a place where your pain was better. You will get back there again.
Try to meditate on the good things you have in life and how lucky you are that your daughter is going to be ok. You would be surprised on how these things matter a lot to us and how they can help us to deal with the world around us. Hope this makes sense.

It is sooo good to vent in any way. As Glojer said, if laughter fails, cry, scream, do whatever you have to to get that tightness out of your body. We hold our bodies differently when we are in pain, try to notice this and release your body. Stretch your body if you can, remember how you felt a month ago and tell yourself you will get better.

Hang in there, keep us posted, we care and want to know how you are.

Peace and love, Hangin

Last edited by hangin; 08-12-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #4
(female)

tkelly HB User

Thank You guys for caring. It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only person dealing with fibro. I might even try to make time for myself.
Thank You again,
tkelly

Closed Thread