It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
(male)

Israel2 HB User
Very confused.

Hello all. I am new here. I am just learning about fibro. I have what I have called pressure points for as long as I can remember. I am a 57 yo male and live alone.

I have dozens of pressure/trigger points. Some on my back are very painful and will wake me at night. I carry a small hard ball with me so I can lean up against a wall and try to message the sore point, which is difficult to really do much good. Or, when I am at home, I will get down on the floor and use the ball on my back and especially along my spine which is painful when I message the spine. These points are pretty much all over my entire body.

Some of my symptoms include headaches, depression, sleepiness, difficulty sleeping, sadness, extreme work related stress, etc.. I can remember two days in roughly the last 40 years when I can say I really felt well. I always feel as if I am in a light fog.

I thought these symptoms belonged in their own categories or on other threads. I am really confused. I will be seeing a new doctor in early September for a complete physical.

I have read and need to read again the extensive post by EK, I hope I have her right. Forgive me if I am wrong on that. It is extremely informative, but difficult for me to understand. I have that problem. I may have to read it a good number of times.

I am not expressing myself very intelligently, but for instance, many of my symptoms could relate to ADD. I will probably post there as well. This is where my confusion comes in.

I don't want to get into prescription drugs.

I have read many of the post and don't really understand how fibro could pertain to me. Anyhow, any suggestions for when I see my doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
(female)

jonquill HB User
Re: Very confused.

Make sure you're seeing a rheumatologist. Also ask about chronic fatigue syndrome. If you are against prescription drugs, go to a local health food store, and perhaps they can point you in the right direction in regard to your physical ailments.

Another doctor you may want to seek out is a psychologist since you are depressed and stressed about work. Both of those can aggravate fibromyalgia (if that is what you have).

Closed Thread