It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

Alexandra87 HB User
Skin Rashes

does anyone experience any kind of skin rash or irritation due to their fibromyalgia?.. or even weird sensations of the skin? if so, please explain what you experience to me, it would be greatly appreciated and a big help.. thanks. also, does anyone know how someone is tested for Lupus? I have had two extensive blood tests .. CBC and all in the past 2-3 months and both were normal.. would lupus show up in a blood test?

Last edited by Alexandra87; 08-18-2005 at 07:40 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
(female)

hummingbirdhope HB User
Re: Skin Rashes

Yes I have gotten rashes that the dr said was fromFMS, they were kust red rasied areas no itching involved and they go away in a couple of days. On the Lupus they hace to run a special blodd test in will not show up in a routine cbc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Hey Alexandra,
Welcome to the boards. In response to your question about rashes I get 3 diffrent types. I get this wierd thing where I will feel an itchy tingly spot on my arm or wherever and I will look and there is a small red bump, almost like a pimple, a few minutes later it dissapears. The second kind of rash I get I will get on my shoulders, arms, and back, this is a series of small clear blisters in a clump, they also itch but they take a week or 2 to go away. Finally, I have my "perma rash" (or so I call it because it doesn't go away) on my cheeks and nose, this is just a smooth red slightly raised area that does not burn or itch. I thought it might be the "butterfly rash" you would find in lupus but it does cover the folds of my nose. Needless to say I am an itchy, rashy, person. As far as the lupus testing goes, from what I understand the ANA blood test is a pretty common test for lupus. There is a sticky-post on the lupus board for blood test results, baybe you should go check it out. Hope this helps!
KSP

Old 08-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I get rashes often, especally the inside of my arms, my feet and above the knee, they do not itch and look like a cluster of small red hives. they are not hives I get them from time to time and they itch like crazy. The rash dissappears in about an hour but may have it several times a day.

The body sensations feel like a bug is crawling on me. I am forever looking for that bug, but it is never there.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Closed Thread