It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

Alexandra87 HB User
My symptoms.. Can anyone relate?

I am 17 years old & this all started about 3 months ago.. Here are my symptoms, if anyone can relate to them PLEASE REPLY, i would feel so much more at ease..

- Pain all over my body.. every spot u can imagine I have felt some sort of pain in
- Tender skin, feels very weird when pushed on or squeezed
- HORRIBLE *****ing sensation throughout my whole body, seems to be worse when muscles are hurting more
- some nights i can't sleep from the pain or im woken up by pain or if i do sleep, i need 10-12 hours to feel halfway refreshed.. i get tired easily
- stiffness especially in shoulder and upper back area
- sometimes when i put my feet down on the floor after lying in bed i feel pins & needles
- occasional feeling like my muscles are jumping under my skin
- skin problems .. itching/extremely dry skin no matter how much lotion i put on
- canker sores

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY, thank u so much

Old 08-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
(female)

bilij HB User
Re: My symptoms.. Can anyone relate?

Welcome to the board Alexandra87, you have chosen to come to a very
supportive place. We have several teen-agers here who are always willing
to share their feelings and advise. You will be hearing from others soon.
Are you still in school? Please tell us more about yourself. Wishing you the
best.
Bilij

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I have very dry skin, looks like elephant hide and can find nothing that helps either. I get all over body aches and pains, weird sensations including the pins and needles.I was just at thr ER for sharp shooting pains in the upper chest, ran fom one shoulder to the other, I call them zappers, they are like lightning bolts. Had them before but this time they continued for 18 hours. My upper back, neck and shoulders are always tight and my upper chest gets so sore that I cannot stand clothing sometimes.

I am sure others will come along to answer you, most of us can relate to your symtons.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Alex welcome to the board. Yes I can relate to all of your symptoms. I have been diagnosed with fm since 2003. The skin thing is wierd, I just say it hurts to touch my skin and it does. As bilij says we have some young people on this board and a lot of great support.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

Alexandra87 HB User

Thank u all for replying, it means a lot to me .. Bilij asked if I would tell more about myself so here I go .. I'm 17 as you all know already and this september I go back to high school for 6 months then I graduate. I was supposed to graduate in June but this whole FMS thing started in May really badly and I had to stop going to school so everything kind of got messed up. I guess everything happens for a reason though. Hopefully when January comes around and I'm done with high school I can finally start college. I'm the kind of person who gets nervous & extremely worried over EVERYTHING.. i never had health problems before and this has really gotten me feeling down and out. I feel like i'm never going to be the same again.. which i'm really not.. and I feel like my life is over. It sounds silly but it's just that the whole concept of maybe not ever getting better is hard to grasp. This illness scares me because its not like other stuff where u take a blood test and they tell u 100% for sure what u have and begin helping u fix it ... dont get me wrong, i THANK GOD that so far nothing more serious has happened to me but whenever a new symptom comes along I just want to run to the doctor and have a million tests done because I am in constant fear that they are missing something...

sometimes i just dont know what to do ........

Old 08-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi alex,
welcome to our family. breath, honey, breath. that is what you can do. breath deep and slow when the fear hits. being afraid is not healthy for you. i know it is hard, but we all find a way to live with this, and have a full life. i am 50. no matter what your age adapting to fms is a journey worth taking. you will find purpose and the will to continue. being a fibrobaby is not as hard as it seems. it just takes time to incorporate into your life.
we all go thru the fear at first. it is part of the journey. how long you stay in the fear is between you and your body. there is no set time for accepting and finding peace. it comes tho. that i do know.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-19-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I have this dd for 21 years and it still scares me, so you are not alone. My anxiety level goes through the roof as new symtons appear and believe me they do.

I am so sorry that you are so young and going through all this, it really takes a lot from you, robs you of friends of doing things you want and being the person you want to be. On the good days just really enjoy your life.

Good luck on your high school graduation and on your college career.

My grandson just went for orientation for kindergarten and they had a big sign " Welcome class of 2018".

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-20-2005, 01:31 AM   #8
(female)

sunshine70 HB User
Unhappy Re: My symptoms.. Can anyone relate?

I completely know how you feel. I feel sore too, like a big tender bruise all the time. I am always yelling 'Ouch" or holding in the pai cause it hurts so much. Its kinda a lonely "disorder" or whatever fibro. is listed under. The itching? Got it to. Very frusterating. My theighs itch the most.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:35 PM   #9
(female)

thomasina HB User
Wink Re: My symptoms.. Can anyone relate?

I also am a nervous, high strung person, I can Identify on that. I also have learned that stress & anxiety can really bring out some hidden adgendas. Moving to go into college, getting ready to embark on your future?? that would do it. My opinion? Do as much as you can working with your Dr. If you're comfortable with him and he's helping you cope, you're one of the lucky ones.
I'll bet a lot of us would atest to allllll the picking & probing, Dr. after Dr. and all the while, you're dragging your hiney all over the place. More work, more anxiety. I'm lucky, I get to sit home all day & dwell. If it weren't for my Dr. appointments, I wouldn'd have a social life!

Closed Thread