It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User
Fibromyalgia Fast Facts

I came up with this new idea.

I call it "Fibromyalgia Fast Facts."

What is it you ask? It's just half a sheet of paper with quick facts about fibromyalgia on it. Just enough to sum up what it is and answer the questions like who gets it, what causes it, what it is, how diagnosed, symptoms, etc. etc. I also have a diagram of all of our tender points. Very small, but you can see it.

Why have this? Well, yes, when people ask about it because they hear me mention it or because of my FMS bracelet, I can tell them bunches of stuff. I can tell them everything I know. But, I have found that most people just want the basic facts. And, it sinks in better if people hear it and see it, and hey, now they have a hard copy of the most important facts. It is also great if they want to relay some facts to someone else. They won't get it all messed up in the relay. They can easily show them that.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you all about it!

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
(female)

Lost Robin HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia Fast Facts

Hello GG!

That's a great idea! By the way, just curious ... where did you get your FMS bracelet?

Robin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Godsgirl, what a clever idea! When people ask just hand them the paper. Way to go to keep informing the public and getting the word out I know we can always count on you.

Old 08-19-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

GodsGirl4ever06 HB User

Robin, I got it at the National Fibromyalgia Research Association's website. Just put that in a search engine. They are only 1 buck pluss 1.99 s&h. And you can get a lot and it is pretty cheap. Give them to your friends! lol. Plus you can get some on E Bay, a little more expensive, that say "Fibromyalgia is real."

Fibromyalgia
Mitral Valve Prolapse
Tachycardia
High Blood Pressure
Nummular Eczema
Depression
Esophagitis
Solar Urticaria (but not officially yet)

Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

bilij HB User

Goodmorning Godsgirl, You have some great ideas. It's good to have
friends or even an acquaintance who want to know about fibro. Most
of my friends don't want to hear, much less read anything.................
that's the difference between 18 and 74!!! Keep up the good work. Your
generation will find the answers. I hope you have a good year in school.
Bilij

Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
(female)

Lost Robin HB User

Thanks for the info GG!

To everyone else: I know what you mean when you say no one wants to listen let alone take the time to read about FMS. Even my 3 children, ages 30, 18, 14 who I consider to be 3 of the best kids on this planet, just seem to not want to talk about it. I think part of it is because they just don't and can't understand it, plus I also think that another huge part of it is that it kind of scares them. They don't want to think of me as being ill because that makes their minds wander further and cause them to think about the possibility of losing their mother, etc.

I think as we all have learned, the only people we have to talk to are those who either have FM or have loved ones with it.

Happiness to all!

Robin

Old 08-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Robin you are so right about the kids not wanting to think that their mothers are sick, after all mom has always been there and has always been 'the rock' right! My great kids are 30 and 28 and they still don't want to talk about it. They just try to give consideration to the fact I may not be in tip top shape when it comes to doing some things.

Closed Thread