It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
reaching here, but has anyone tried magnetic pads ?

hey there, i guess that alot of us have gone thru the routine of testing almost everything thats under the sun for relief. i know personally, im on medication for the fibro, lortab, soma, a few others. but i do get worried about taking all that stuff and what future problems they can create later on. Like lortab, has alot of tylenal in it and thats not good for the liver.

ive tried so many books, what books recommend, the latest fads, anything that they say will work on fibro and the fatigue. i am anemic so the fatigue is part of that too, so im on iron pills and vitamin b shots as well. Sorry, nothing but the drugs have actually helped. i saw something about magnetic therapy, a pad you put on your bed and its suppose to "work wonders" while youre sleeping. again, its being geared toward people with fibro and other ailments. im not going to spend more money on stuff that doesnt seem to work, so my question is, has ANYONE tried this magnetic pad to sleep on, has it helped? price isnt an issue, but i am so sick and tired of wasting money on empty promises, (yea im a sucker for wanting pain relief lol) they see the letter S on my forehead from a mile away. but, that is changing. im going to ask people with actual illnesses to see if theyve tried it, does it work? how soon did you get relief, and is it still working?
thanks alot guys.
Jen, who walks around with a huge S branded on her forehead lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

nean612 HB User
Re: reaching here, but has anyone tried magnetic pads ?

Jenetti
Hello
I have not tried magnet pads, but i have tried medical magnets that tape on to painfull areas. To be honest, i do not think that they have helped. The magnets have fallen off without me knowing it...and i have noticed no difference in the pain.
Good luck........i hope you find some relief.
nean

Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

thanks nean, i guess i was looking for a majic pill huh? ive heard of people swearing by them, usually from people with testimonies on the site selling these products. So, thanks for letting me know they didnt work on you hon. figured it was probably too good to be true.
thanks again,
jen

Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cstarker HB User

Hi Jen,

I spend hundreds of dollars on Niken magnetic items. The bed pad, pillow, insoles, headband, and this wand thing that you roll over the painful area. This is one BIG racket!!!! Sort of like the copper bracelet thing. All the bed pad did was make me hot. I am not saying that all people will not get relief from this, I suppose it works for some people. Sometimes it's mind over matter and if someone ties a chicken around their neck and think that helps them, then more power to them. Just kidding, this did nothing, but drain us of $. By the way the insoles set the alarm off going through security at the airport and I was told that they wouldn't. Best of luck sweetie.

cstarker

Old 08-22-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Magnets are a BIG RACKET, among the many, MANY scam rackets out there to cure pain, as cstarrker said.

SOMA is a pretty good drug for muscle pain.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:42 AM   #6
(female)

Loretta HB User

Jenetti

My husband and I purchased a very expensive magnetic mattress pad for our bed. He suffered from migraines and me with fibromyalgia. We didn't notice any changes and didn't even talk about it for six months. It's been two years since purchasing the mattress pad, but I guess the changes have been so subtle that we never even thought about it again until the other day. He was talking about how long it's been since he's had to fill his prescription for migraines. He still gets headaches every once in awhile, but no migraines. I can't say my aches and pains have completely diminished, but I'm on no prescription medication. I'll take an Ibuprofin every now and then.

Has the mattress pad done this for us? We can't say it has, but we can't say it hasn't! We plan on keeping it on our bed....just in case!

Loretta

Closed Thread