It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

acornfl HB User
New here

My name is Angie, I'm 22 and just found out I have fibromyalgia, not by a doctor yet but I have all the symptoms, fatigue, cronic pain, tingling in right foot, painful peroids, jaw pain, anxiety, headache, abdominal pain, muscle twitches.
My aunt and grandmother have it, I really just have a few questions on the treatments I would possible be put on, what pain meds ? I'm really scared cause I'm soo young and never have energy or feel good enough to enjoy my life. I just don't want to be in pain 24/7 anymore.
Any info or personal experiance would help! thanks

Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

bilij HB User
Re: New here

Hello Angie, we welcome you to the fibro board. You'll find lots of help
and encouragement here. First thing to do is see your family doctor. With
family members coping with this problem, you already know it's a perplexing
disease and you need a good doctor to help you find whats best for you.
Tell us more about yourself...we want to get to know you better. May God
bless you and help you make wise decisions.
Bilij

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
(female)

movin slo HB User
Wink Re: New here

Hi Angie,
Welcome to the Fibro board. There is a lot of GREAT friends here. With a lot of good advice. But as far as meds. That is something that you and your DR.
will work on. Just like all of us have pain and sleepless nites,panic attack etc.
It is different for each of us. But this is a great place to know that whatever you are feeling and going through, someone on this site has felt the same thing. So Welcome and enjoy.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Angie,

Welcome to the group, sorry to hear you have Fm.
I cannot help you with medications as I have so many bad side effects to them I stay away from them. The meds. I can take do nothing for the pain, the ones that help the side effects are too bad for me to handle.So it is me and my most heating pads.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #5
(female)

acornfl HB User

Thanks everyone!
A little more info on me, I have 2 boys Kyler 3 and Jordan 6, I'm with a awsome guy that takes care of us, the father of my boys is a deadbeat and hasnt seen his kids in a year, enough about that though, all for the better!
My problems with pain ect.. started after the birth of Kyler I had a very bad pregnancy (severe pre-eclampsia) and had to deliver early. I was convinced that all my pain and other problems steamed back to my pregnancy, that is until I found out that my aunt and grandma have fibromyalgia, for the longest time I still thought nothing of it cause I couldnt remember what it was called to research it, well last week we had a family party and got to talking and my aunt told me that I too have FM, I wrote it down and got home and got on the net and sure enough the symptoms fit me to a T. I will be going to the doctor this week, hopefully today as my knees hurt so bad I can barley walk today.
Thats alittle more about me and I look forward to the support and friendship from this support group, thanks again and talk soon.
Angie

Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

HIya Angie,

Welcome to our family. You have chosen such a good place to visit. I cannot advise about medications for pain because I cannot take them, due to the fact that they cause problems with the medications I take for my other bodily problems - too numerous to mention he he !!

You will always have support here and understanding. Ask any questions you need to and someone will always try to help with an answer.

Look forward to speaking to you again soon.

goldenwings

Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to the board angie!

Old 08-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome to our sanctuary. you will meet many good people. you will form friendships here that inspire you to be the best you within.
i read a saying today. it said, friends are the family we choose. so true. welcome new friend.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
(male)

always cooking HB User

Has anyone here used mucinex? Have been using it for fibro and have had good results! Angie, elavil has been a life savor for me! I can finally get some uninterupted sleep for once. Have been on for 1 year. Please give it some time to work!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome always cooking! No have never tried mucinex, why would it help. That is what are the active ingredients that could help fibro?

Old 08-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Welcome to the boards Angie and Always Cooking
Always cooking- I'm starving, what are you making for dinner! I'm sorry, I HAD to. If you knew me, you'd know I can't pass up a good joke or wise crack. I'm assuming you mean the Musinex for the IBS that can occur with Fibro.
Angie, I hope you get the help your looking for with the doc. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Also, if you ever feel the need to vent about that past relationship or want to help others in relationship problems theres a really good thread going right now called stress, Fibromyalgia, and unhealthy relationships, just an FYI.

Well everyone have a great night!
KSP

Old 08-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #12
(male)

always cooking HB User

Mucinex helps your body cycle out the protiens in your muscles that cause the soreness and swelling in your body. I will get more info for you! There is a doctor in Califorina that has started this protocol that has had a lot of sucess in fibro suffers. I think the doctors name is Dr Sant Aman? Somthing like that, anyway, he has developed a protol call that helps your body cycle out the things in your body that cause the pain through your urinary system. You would be suprised how helpful this has been forr me. I'm getting better all the time! I will get more info later. Got to get cooking! (I'm a chef by profession)

Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome always cooking,
so delighted you found us. welcome welcome. please call me for dinner too, giggle. i love to play with food and feed my friends.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-25-2005, 03:54 PM   #14
(female)

movin slo HB User
Exclamation Re: New here

Welcome Always Cooking,
I'm hungry what r we having ???? Any good sweets? (I'm also diebetic ) he he. I'm a good taste tester!!
Glad you joined.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Wow did someone say we are all invited for dinner, where, when and the time plesse

Lol, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Closed Thread