It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
(female)

kazbuck HB User
Question Not sure what's going on...

I am in so much pain...I want to find out what this is, but not sure where to go from here. Last few months I have suffered from fatigue and muscle pain. I thought it was bad before when I left my job. It is getting so much worse now, some days I can barely get out of bed. I now have my own business and the last 2 weeks I can't even sound pleasant to customers on the phone. I just don't know what to request from my Dr. to help get a diagnosis. I have had some blood work done, the only thing they have found so far was an elevated cell count (which they said may be related to my smoking.) Does this sound like Fibro to any of you and if it is fibro or something else, what should I ask my Dr to look for, test for, rule out. I just want the pain to subside and to be able to function more than I am now.

Symptoms:

* fatigue
* burny tingly muscle pain (started around joints in legs, arms and in spots on my back, now also includes from ankles to mid thigh)
* chronic sinus infections and brochitis (may not be related, but I did notice the timing matches up most times)
* nausia (becoming more frequent and for no other known reason)
* headaches (sometimes migrains, but I have suffered w/ them for a few years)
* slight depression (Don't know if this is just a result of not being able to live my live like normal and financial problems resulting from this, or if it a symptom in and of itself)
* Painful periods (not everytime, but may have been related to no longer receiving depo shots)

Negative results for:
thyroid
diabetes
lyme disease
CBC within normal range

Other issues:

* TMJ (just found out 2 weeks ago, no jaw pain but clicking on both sides, about to research their board...)
* Enlisted in the military in 91 (no record of my initial vaccinations from basic) Also, a few years later, received the smallpox vaccine and 4 or 5 of the Anthrax vaccines, one of which sent me to the ER when the injection site swelled up to about the size of a tennis ball and had pain running down my arm to my 2 middle fingers which I could not move. The hospital (which is a training hospital for Dr's) had tried to contact the CDC for info on the Anthrax vaccine, but could not come up with anything. I have never been to the Gulf, but I was deployed to the former Yugoslavia in 97.

Sorry this is so long...if anyone can give me some guidance as to what to do next, I would really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 04:01 AM   #2
(female)

tinatinva HB User
Re: Not sure what's going on...

Kaz,
I am sorry you are going through this. FM is usually a DX of exclusion rather than inclusion - there is no test to confirm. Typically doc will take history and check for the 18 places that FM tends to make tender. Take a peek at the FM informatio on the health page to see what they are..
I am new to this as well, but find out more info daily.
Wishing you the best.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

You do have symtons of FM, but Fm symtons can present itself as other dd also. Have you gone to a Rhummy to be evaluated. I was tested, poked and prodded for over 2 years before dxed. That was 21 years ago, today more is known about Fm, that is if you see a Dr. wo believes there is such a dd. Some Dr. do not believe that Fm is a true disorder, it is all in your head, that is their belief. Mine is in my head and all over my body.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 08-24-2005 at 06:42 AM. Reason: wrote 201 years, yikes, fm fog strikes again!!!

Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Kazbuk, Welcome to the boards. As Pa235 said you do have symptoms of Fibromialgia, but I would also do a web search on Chronic Myofasial Pain Syndrome. Can you think of anything that may have "triggered" your symptoms? Best of luck and I hope you find all the support that the wonderful people on this board have to give. We are all friends here!
KSP

Closed Thread