It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User
What to say to doc about intermittant symptoms?

Hello, everyone,

I went to doc today and told him my energy was much better and that I could never predict when I'll be totally exhausted, sometimes for months,and then feel more or less okay.
He siad "That's not fibromyalgia. CFS and fibromyalgia overlap, and people with fms are tired all the time."

Is he misinformed, or am I -- and if he is, how should I talk to him about this?

Thank you, peace to all,

Seaturtle

Last edited by seaturtle; 08-25-2005 at 07:34 PM.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: What to say to doc about intermittant symptoms?

Seaturtle, all I can say is yes I am tired all the time and I do have fibro. I have days where my energy level increases, but I am still not up to a normal level. I am always tired and push myself all the time. When having a bad flare, I did have my endocrinologist and my GP tell me that everthing I was decribing (which included overwheming exhaustion) was a symptom of fibro.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 01:31 AM   #3
(female)

Happyslove HB User

Seaturtle,
I can tell you that the first 10 yrs that I had Fibro I had the same experiences. I was just diagnosed 3 yrs ago but now I realize that the symptoms have been there for over 20.

I would do the same go along for months with nothing wrong, no aches and pains or fatigue. Then suddenly I would be so sick I couldn't get out of bed. So tired that I couldn't lift my arm to scratch my nose!

I would most of the time get like this when either I was stressed or had pushed myself too hard by doing physical labor.

So what I am saying here is that when I first had the symptoms it wasn't a constant ailment. I only had flares 2 or 3 times per yr but boy they were doosey's!

Hope this helped
Happyslove

Old 08-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to the board Happyslove, always good to have a new opinion and more input

Closed Thread