It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User
I'm Back :)

Hi everyone,

First of all let me say that I'm sorry I haven't been on the boards in so long to "talk" with you all.

Lot's of things going on here with me and my family. My son came down from Maryland to stay with me after he was released from the hospital. He was planning on recovering there with his dad but certain things occured and that was impossible so he came down here with me. I'll tell you about that at another time. He did stay here about 2 1/2 weeks. During this time he had a reoccurance of his MRSA and Cellulitis which caused us to make a trip to the ER and after 10 hours he was sent back home with me to finish his recovery. Again, I'll tell you about that later.

As for me, a few things have popped up and I'm getting my ducks in a row to try and learn to deal with and get things "going" as far as my life goes. Again, I'll explain later.

I wanted to post this basically to let you all know, that a day didn't go by that I didn't think of all of you. I also want to ask you to continue to pray for me and my family as things are about as bad as they have ever been.

I also am posting this to let you know that I will not be evacuating the hurricane Katrina. No mandatory evacs have been issued for my immediate area, and it's too late now anyway. We expect to get winds of up to 120mph, and hoping that Katrina doesn't take a slight turn for the East, as Ivan did, and then we will get a bigger hit. We are on the Eastern side of the storm, which is the worst side to be on. Remember, East is the "Beast" and West is the "Best" as far as location of a hurricane to be on. We will suffer the upper northern quadrent winds and storms from Katrina, which is where the heaviest winds will be. People here aren't evacuating as much as we did for Ivan, no reverse laning on the Interstates are in place. We are all just pretty weary from evacuating. Our neighbors have a brick home which we are going to go over to instead of being in our mobile home, but even so, with a CAT 5 hurricane there really isn't a structure that is immune to it's effects. Last resort, there is a special needs shelter not far from me where I can go. So....Here we go again and we are hunkering down just waiting for all this crap to pass.

I want to ask you all to pray for the folks in the New Orleans area (Cajun Boy, if you read this, I hope to God you are safe!) That city has not had a direct hit since Hurricane Betsy in the 1960's. NO is 6 feet below sea level and even though they have pumps, the pumps are not built for this type of catastrophe. So I only pray that this thing spares that beautiful beautiful city.

Okay guys, I hope everyone is doing well, feeling healthy and I miss you all. I will come back to this thread to talk with you all again to let you know more details of what's been going on with me, my health, and my family situation.

I love you all and think of you everyday.

Love,
tk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: I'm Back :)

Hiya My Dear tk,

Wow, girl I sure have missed you. I am so pleased to hear from you again, and know that you must have been going through so much lately. No explanation necessary anyway, just to know you are with us again is so great.

Please take care and give my warmest luv and hugs to everyone around you too. Take care and come back to us as soon as is possible.

Loads of luv n' stuff.

goldenwings

Old 08-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I will continue to pray for you and your family and everyone dealing with Katrina. So glad to hear from you. Will wait to hear all the news when you can catch up. Take care of yourself, Please!!
Glojer

Old 08-28-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
(female)

bilij HB User

My dear TK, I'm so thankful you're back. I was waiting to see your
name. I have been praying for you and your son and you can be sure
I will continue. Be safe during the storm and catch us up when you have
a chance. You are dearly loved on this board.
Bilij

Old 08-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi teekers,
i was just about to send out the troops to find you, giggle. if i can be of any service to you please do not hesitate to ask.
we missed you too. ever so much. thanks for popping back in.
love you kiddo,
bluelakelady

Old 08-29-2005, 06:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hey, TK, I was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear off everything going on in your life. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am praying for everyone who is in the path of Katrina. Beem watching CNN and it looks really Bad.
Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
(female)

ksp HB Userksp HB Userksp HB User

Teekers, it's so good to see your back! I too will keep you and your family, and the people feeling the wrath of the hurricaine. I spoke with my ex-in laws today because they live near Lafayette, LA and they said that there were a few fatalities already and that where they were that it was very windy and raining hard. That was at 9:00 this morning, and they said the worst is yet to come! I pray that Katrina will not devastate our country and economy. Again, good to see your back, please keep us posted.
KSP

Last edited by ksp; 08-29-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey teekers,
wrap yourself in a blanket of love. i will share the ones golden made for me with you. we will snuggle up and watch a movie and eat popcorn and candy.
love you,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread