It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kelley_bsb HB User
Dazed and Confused

Hi, I'm 17 years old and been battling with an unknown problem for over a year now. I recently had a sleep test which showed no specific sleep disorder but problems with my stages of sleep that may be a result of my pain and have been referred to a neurologist. I've found out about FM and strongly believe it may be what I have, it makes sense with most of what ails me: sleeping problems, migraines, muscle pain, severe fatigue especially after physical activity, I was diagnosed with TMJ, my hands and feet turn purple when I'm cold, recently started having major dizzy episodes, and severe mental lapses where I can't remember things like my own phone number or common places don't look familiar to me. The only thing that I can't quite place is that I've started getting these cyst kind of things in various places, mostly my lower back-right where a 'tender point' would be and I was wondering if this has anything to do with FM, and also if seeing a neurologist is going to be a step in the right direction or will I just end up with another dumbfounded doctor who has no logical explanation of my pain and fatigue?
Any insight will be much help, thanks
~Kelley

Last edited by kelley_bsb; 08-28-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Dazed and Confused

Dear Kelly, My heart goes out to you and so many other people who go through hell trying to get a doctor to dx them properly. My neuro dx'ed me because i had referred pain and my PCP knew the symptoms because his wife is a rheumatologist. He even suggested exercise and noni juice and a support group. I was blessed to be dx so early. What they didn't tell me was chronic myofascial pain or what to do, so it took awhile and a lot of pain, physical therapy, chiropractic care and ofcourse pain meds, but i am ok or in remission as far as the cmp goes. I have a lot of tiredness though, fatigued.

Rheumatologists see more FMS patients than patients with rheumatoid arthritis, so i would think you would be dx'ed.

Good luck and try to stay calm because the stress makes it all worse. Releases hormones into your system that actually increase pain and other symptoms.

The knots you refer to are probably trigger points from Chronic Myofascial Pain. Many doctors call this fms, but when you read up on fms, the symptoms of cmp are not addressed. I found the info in Devin Starnyl's book fms and cmp. It is like my bible. I had chains of trps from head to toe. When one is released, then the next active one is treated and so on. I still have some in my bottom, but i can now sit on a regular chair and I don't have referred pain from them.

Hope i helped.

Last edited by rosebuddy; 08-29-2005 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread