It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Anyone know if I was drinking?

I sure feel like I have a hangover and do not drink. Is this Fm fog feeling? My head feels fuzzy, I am not off my equilibruim, but feel sort of like I am. I am not dizzy but if I turn my head to fast feel a little spinning for an instant.

Everything I read about the fog, seems like people say visual problems, memory and inabiity to think. what about how your head actually feels like?

My allergies are bad also right now so may be that, but would like to hear more about how anyones head feels from the fog.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-29-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User
Re: Anyone know if I was drinking?

I woke up this morning and couldn't walk, My legs were giving out and I fell into my dresser. Then I was walking into door jams and was confused. I think its from the hurricane. Even though I am in Illinois. I get all achey everytime, but i have never felt like i did this morning. Could just be a coincidence.

Fibro fog is very real and it reminds me that illness that real old people get when they get lost and lose their memory. (I can't think of....Alzheimers) See. I have had fibrofog for weeks at a time and it is like a nightmare. Not being able to finish a sentence. Any sentence. Getting lost in my own house. Losing things. Becoming extremely confused trying to sort mail and bills and having to finally lay it all aside. I couldn't read novels because i had to keep re-reading the first paragraph. Rushing around and mult-tasking made it worse. I couldn't drive. I had bruises all over my arms from bumping into door jams. I couldn't stand loud or back ground noise. Crickets drove me crazy. The fan sounded like an airplain propeller. I couldn't even heat up a can of beans. I was not allowed to cook, my 3 19-year-old kids took over the household chores and taking me to the doctors, which it would take me 2 or 3 hours to get ready. And i would obsess over what i was going to say and keep writing it out.

I still get it but not near as bad. Thank God. What really helped me was a book by Devin Starynyl "fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain" Until I read it and how to deal with it, I thought i was going crazy. I did everything she said and it did work and slowly it got better, but it still comes and goes. Like I said being in a hurry and multi tasking and fear-anxiety-stress set it off. And i am prepared for when it hits. Especially to relax, keep all my stuff in one place and if I start forgetting my words, my family finds them, but if it is every sentence, I stop talking because it makes me feel worse and its like a viscious circle.

I hope that you feel better. I am glad that you posted.

Love and Peace,
Donna Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Donna Marie,

I get those symtons at times also, but today it seems to more of head feeling like a drunk feeling or drugged up. I am only on a anti-anxiety med, the pain meds do not help unless they are strong and then I am in bed from the meds, I do not want to live like that so I do. not take them.

One good thing you can watch the reruns on tv because you cannot remember if you saw the movie before or not.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

kelley_bsb HB User

Hi Linda, I think I know what you are talking about-the drugged up feeling. I have these periods of time where my head feels like..hmm i don't really know how to explain, like there is a big wet blanket smothering it. My head actually feels funny in addition to the dizzyness, memory problems, etc.
Best luck, Kelley

Last edited by kelley_bsb; 08-29-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #5
(female)

thomasina HB User

I think it's medications and some nights we sleep sooo well, we're not used to waking up like that. I bounce from wall to wall, answer phones that are on TV, trip over my cat, etc.... There may be so many contributing factors as we know, because of all FMS has to offer. Some days I feel really awful and if I take certain medicines, I feel worse, stupid frugged, and my vertigo kicks in.

That's the best I have.

Closed Thread