It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

oxygendeprived HB User
Unhappy 17 and broken

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia when I was 14 years old. I am now 17 and in severe pain. The only medicine that worked was Vioxx, which was taken off the market. I've tried exercises and am currently on Nortriptoline. How are other people living with this? I feel like I'm broken and falling apart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
(female)

aaronon HB User
Re: 17 and broken

Dear oxy,

I'm 39 about to become 40. I have had Fibro for a long time. I think just about every day that I can NOT go another day like this. But, somehow, I manage to clock out and go home. I have made it another day.

Have you seen a Rheumatologist? Have you done any web searches regarding this illness and the meds that others are trying? Always do research for yourself...for your own peace of mind. Take your questions, and things that you find to your doctor so that you may help him/her work out something that works for you. Hot baths, heating pads, OTC meds, sometimes work, sometime they don't. I personally live on a heating pad when I get home. In between caring for my 2 children, cooking dinner etc...I will go and sit on my wonderful companion.

The one thing that you can NOT do, ( I know, it's easier said than done) is give up. Keep trying things until you find the right combination for you.

This board is for support, and there are alot of wonderful people on this board that are willing to share their experiences....what worked for them, etc. Feel free to ask for any help. That's what we are here for.

a

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

kelley_bsb HB User

Hi there, I'm 17 also and am pretty sure I have fibro and apparantly something called Chronic Myofascial Pain. I feel the same way you do, I'm in so much pain and so frustrated I feel like I won't be able to take it. I have to start school again tomorrow and have no idea how I'm going to survive, my memory has been completely on the frits lately and I can't sleep a wink because I'm in so much pain. Something I've found that at times helps with pain in specific areas are Icy Hot sleeves and patches and I live on long hot baths. I take so much pain medication and I feel like it barely even dulls my pain at all. I wish you the best of luck and hope I have been of some help or at the very least comfort in knowing you aren't alone.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

Alexandra87 HB User

I'm 17 as well and almost positive I have FMS .. I would really like to stay in touch with other teenagers who are dealing with the same thing as me, it comforts me knowing i'm not alone .. If any of you would like you can e-mail me at [ please read and follow the posting rules - no emails ] feel free to say hi.

alex

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 08-31-2005 at 11:25 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - no emails

Closed Thread