It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
What is wrong with me???

I have all these symptoms. I have talked to Dr and had an MRI. Well, the RN just called and said "the results of your MRI are normal".

No explainations..nothing. Just normal.

Am I glad? Of course. Is part of me frustrated?? Hell yeah! I want to know what is wrong with me!! Why am I so freakin exhausted after 8 hours of sleep? Why do I get pains all over my body for no reason? Why do headaches wake me at night (not often, but once in a great while)? Why am I constantly anxious? Why do I taste blood several times a week? Why do I get so lightheaded?

No follow up. Nothing. Just "normal". Then why the hell do I not FEEL normal??

Sorry. Just frusterated

Old 08-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: What is wrong with me???

Cheers44 don't apologize, just let it out!! Tasting blood that does sound odd, although I remember doing that years ago when I was very young. Use to have nosebleeds several times a day. It may not help, but all I can say is don't give up. Keep pushing the docs and/or see a new doc!! You are the only one who cares enough about your health to make enough noise to be heard. Yell louder and make someone listen!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

It is very frustrating whem you have all these symtons and no dx. I wish I could get 8 hours of sleep, I usually am lucky to get 5 and than wake so many times I am not sure I slept at all.

The muscle pain and headaches also the light headiness are all fm symtons. I taste blood in my mouth also at times the Allergist told me it from allergies. Who knows.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

kelley_bsb HB User

I feel your pain, I've had a CT scan, MRI, multiple blood tests, the list goes on. My doctor's just kinda said well everything seems normal and left me alone for a while until I ended up in the hospital because I got so tired durring swim practice I felt like the world was spinning and I couldn't walk. I haven't been diagnosed with FM but after finding stuff about it recently I'm pretty much 100% sure it's what I have. Soon I have to go to a neurologist. I've been pushed between doctors for over a year now, it is very frustrating. Don't let doctors try to tell you you're normal when you know you're not, hopefully you'll have better luck than I have had

Old 08-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

I feel for you, as I went through multiple tests that also came back normal. I remember thinking how could something hurt so bad and not show up on the tests? I finally was referred to a rheumatologist that diagnosed me with myalgia and arthralgia, although at times I've questioned that diagnosis? I guess I still want more direct answers for the pain I'm having. The doctor is going to retest me for arthritis. Arthritis doesn't always show up with the first few blood tests. Anyways, just want you to know that I understand. ((((((( hugs )))))))

Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Dorri, I think myalgia is the old term for fms. It has a diagnosis code in the coding books that doctors use to bill insurance companies. There is no diagnosis code for FMS; most doctors code the symptoms and bill it that way.

Cheers, I assume that you know an MRI is to rule out MS. So be happy you don't have that. Nurses don't usually give diagnosis or treatment plans over the phone. Hopefully you will get this info from your doctor. If not get a new one. Name a city and people on this site will help you out. Glojer helped me find a doc.

When I first went to a pain mgmt doctor, I was having referred pain all over my body from trigger points (tender points too). Nerves were compressed from the tight knots in my muscles. She wouldn't listen to me at first, I was so emotional and foggy and i couldn't get the words out. So I drew a picture of the front of my body and back on sketch paper. Then i colored coded my symptoms with colored pencils. I used arrows to show where the pain referred from and where it hurt. I had a key to identify the colors. Most of my body was colored in. She looked at that for maybe 1 minute and I didn't have to explain a thing. She put me on an 8-week treatment plan immediately and I don't have any active trps only some inactive ones in my butt that flare with the weather and the last time i had myofascial release of my back and butt was 2 months ago.

I dont know if you have cmp or just fms. With the fms, i just have to learn to live with it, accept it, and get sleep and exercise, take vitamins. I am flaring now but there is not really anything i can do but be gentle with myself. Maybe you don't have cmp. But that was my main source of pain. The deep muscle pain and morning stiffness usually pass for me and when the fatigue hits, i rest. I try not to focus on it. I tell myself "Just because you feel bad right now, doesn't mean that you will all day" And it works. Otherwise i would be in bed all the time i am flaring.

I feel for you. I am grateful that my doc's diagnosed me immediately and i was referred to a great pain mgmt/physical therapy practice and then a great chiropractor. I remember not being able to get out of bed. I remember the pain and it was a living hell. My mom told me to get out of bed and mop the floor and to not think about it. She thought i was just depressed. There was no way that i could scrub the floor. It is really hard when your family doesn't understand.

Anyway, you are in my prayers and I understand your frustration. It is going to get better when you find the right doctors or your doc starts a treatment plan. Keep the faith. Sorry this post is so long.

Donna

Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Thank you so much for your responses. I am so greatful that MS and tumors were ruled out. I really am. I guess I just feel bad like the world thinks Im faking it or exagerating, ya know? The pain really isnt that bad..it just scares me because it comes out of the blue and I tend to think the worst automatically.

The fatigue is what is really getting to me and I am sure my meds do not help that. But I know it isnt just the meds as it happened before I was taking them. I do take vitamins, but they dont seem to help. I take fish oil, calcuim/magnesium, Vit C, and B50. I was exercising everyday..not alot...but pilates and stationary bike for about 30 min a day most days a week. I was also lifting hand weights and doing many situps. But I got into a slump when exercising seemed to make me feel worse, not better.

I called Release of Information today and requested all of my labs/tests/procedures from the last 2 years. It will cost 28 cents a page and take about 10 days. But at least I will have the results in my hands and hopefully the ranges will be on there or I can find someone to interpret for me.

Thanks again for your time. I really appreciate it.

Heather

Old 08-30-2005, 07:14 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi heather,
it is a hard road sometimes. knowing you do not travel this road alone matters. here we all are, together, supporting each other.
i have been dancing with fibromyalgia for more than a decade. sometimes we waltz. sometimes we dance to acid rock.
you keep on coming here and playing with us. one of my many favorite things to say to myself is, i can do that. and i can. so can you.
fear is not your friend. it is an eater of mind and body. getting a handle on that fear makes a huge difference in how your day progresses. fear is the pervert in the bushes that would pull you in and consume you. walk a wide circle around that bush.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread