It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
I have decided

to make an appt with a Rheumatologist. I see her Oct 4th. Is that the same kin dof Dr who could diagnose CFS? I am not sure what is wrong with me..but feel SOMEthing is besides anxiety. Here are my sx:

Extreme fatigue

Sore spots/aches in various places on the body. These aches are not all day lasting and not horrible. I can deal with them, but they worry me. I get them in my neck, chest, breasts, back, shoulders, arms.

Headaches - still think these may be sinus related. I get really bad throbbing pain in my forehead, cheeks, and temples. Sometimes its on one side sometimes both. I will also get sharp stabbing pain behind my ear..like my inner ear. Those are very brief and infrequent.

Anxiety

TMJ?...I clench and chomp my teeth in my sleep

Taste of blood in back of my throat sometimes. Never actually see blood.

PVCs/PACs

Alot of sneezing

Teary eyes

I know alot of these have nothing to do with FM. But I am just lost. My Dr has given me many tests and tells me I am fine. I take vitamins, eat right, and try to exercise (sometimes it makes me feel worse). I go to a therapist and take anxiety meds. I dont know what else to do. Am I just SUPPOSE to feel this way??

Old 08-31-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: I have decided

Hello Cheers44,

First may I say that you have taken the right step by making an appointment to see a rheumatologist. Yes, I am sure he/she will be able to tell you if it is fibro, CFS or anything else that comes into his field of expertise.

A lot of the symptoms you name DO occur in fibro, so you are not right in thinking they don't. Fatigue, sore bodily spots, TMJ, headaches all of these are common in fibro. The rest of them could be allergies. I can't comment on the blood taste at all it's not something I have personally come across. Anxiety definitely because apart from everything else that is happening, you have yet to have a diagnosis of what is wrong with you. It is a normal reaction to this type of situation.

The thing is though when you go to your appointment, take a list based on the symptoms you have given here, and ask questions about each and every one of the points on it.

You are paying for this consultation so he is working for you and should be open to questions. If your'e not certain of what is being said, ask again until it is clear to you.

Until the appointment, don't forget come back here and ask any questions you feel you need to and join in the general wonderful fibro family atmosphere.

Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 08-31-2005 at 01:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread