It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
(male)

faubs110 HB User
is it fibro???

Hello and good evening from nyc...this is my 1st time posting and could use some help........i'm going to see the a rheumotologist on 9/22 but i was wondering if i ran down my symptoms could someone tell me if it sounds like fibromyalgia

constant headaches

jaw pain

lower back and buttock pain (even though i have a slight herniation at l5-si which all the docs agree doesn't account for the pain)

stiffness from the base of my skull going down both sides to my upper traps/shoulders

elbow pain

ibs/frequent urination

tired all the time regardless of how much sleep i get

anxiety/depression which seem to alternate

swelling and dull ache in my wrist/hands that go away for some time and re-appear and stay around for a couple of weeks

forgetting what i want to say and forgetting dates etc....when i used to be sharp as a tack

i'm only 28/male and this all came about after neck surgery last year.....breezed through the fusion surgery but all this kicked bout 3 months afterwards.............any and all responses are much obliged....hope the doc doesn't think i'm a drug seeking lunatic cause i'd rather exercise and take supplements rather than live on a life of pills.....although i really could use something 4 the stiffness......i currently lift weights/physical therapy (over a year now)...chiropractor......msm....mobic... ..ditropan xl.....calcium...vitamin c..i've been checked for lupus/thyroid conditions/ankoloysing spyndolitis/ra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: is it fibro???

welcome faubs,
good luck at the doctors. tell us what you find out. the symptoms you describe do fall under the heading of fibromyalgia. they can be symptoms of many other disorders as well. somewhere there is a thread called, the list, find it and print it out to take to your doctor. be sure you fill it out so the doctor can read it and know what you need him to know.
welcome to our little family of fibro babies. we are a good group of humans.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: is it fibro???

Welcome faubs I agree with what bluelake said and just wanted to add a vitamin for you to try. Magnesium and malic acid is very good for the muscle and stiffness. It is worth a try. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Closed Thread