It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

beckym67 HB User
Unhappy Hello

I was dx'd about 4 years ago with possible fm by my neurologist and mps with the possibility of fm by my pain dr (psysiatrist, sp?). At the time of my dx, my psysiatrist and I decided on trigger point injections. I became pregnant and decided against them for the time being since I felt pretty good during pregnancy. My son is now 2 and a half, and the past year or so the pain has started to creep back up on me. I don't think I have come to terms with this diagnosis. I don't feel like it's real, though my body says otherwise. I cannot begin to describe the aches and pains I feel. I hate to complain to anyone, although I'm screaming inside. I'm only 38, yet I feel like I'm 98. I feel like crap most days, and it's very disheartening. I've suffered from chronic depression and ptsd for most of my life, (diagnosed 10 years ago), and it seems to wax and wane. Most days I am so irritable and fly off the handle for ridiculous reasons. I can't stand myself. My husband and two children are my world and I feel like I'm not part of the family because I'm too tired or sore to hang outside with them. I could go on and on, but I won't. I see my psysiatrist on Thursday. Curious to hear what he has to say. I'm ready for the injections. Bring it on!!!!!! Have any of you ever gotten injections, and if so, the outcome?

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
(female)

movin slo HB User
Cool Re: Hello

Hi Becky,
And welcome. You have come to the right place, for suggestions,understanding,good listeners,and unbelieveable love and friendships.
Fibro can and is very painfull. Everyone is different with pain. I'm on strong pain meds,vits.b150,E,C, magnesium malate1250mg.Sleeping pills,cpap machine
How do you sleep? Have you had sleep studies done? When I was dx my Rhumy just touched me on the 18 points. So I'm sorry but I don't have any input on your shots. I'm scared of needles, so I try not to go that way. But I did want to jump in and say Welcome there are a lot of good and well informed friends here. Keep us informed on things are going with you.
Praying you will find relief, piece of mind, and lot of painless days.

Last edited by movin slo; 09-06-2005 at 07:56 AM. Reason: spelling corrects

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Hello

Just jumping in here to say welcome to the boards. Some people on here have had the injections and can give you some input on them. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
(female)

bilij HB User

Welcome Becky, I certanily know how you feel about not coming
to terms with the fibro diagnosis. It took me 2 years to accept the
fact, even though the pain was getting worse. I kept thinking someone
has to fix this. The doctors showed me the lab results, MRIs, xrays
and I still couldn't believe that there wasn't a cure. It has been easier
the last few years after I came to grips with the condition mentally.
I still hurt the same but I'm not wasting energy looking for a panacea.
Perhaps a cure won't be found in my day, but when the cause is found,
then the cure will be found. Hope springs eternal and in the meantime
life goes on. My prayers are with you.
Bilij

Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hello, Becky,

Yes, I've had trigger point injections. They helped me, but only for a short period of time, maybe a week or two. Apparently you can't get them too often because they will weaken the tissue.

I've had better luck with ischemic compression and massage trigger point therapy.
IT's painful, but softens the tissue after a while. I've also found that taking Vite C, MSM, CoQ 10 and glucosamine help over time.

Glad you are here. Lots of help and understanding here.

Peace to you,

Seaturtle

Old 09-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Hi Becky and welcome.

I had active and inactive trigger points from my neck to my feet. I would have one injected and then the one that that muscle was covering for would become active and I would have that injected. It took about 8 weeks or so with injections twice a week, physical therapy two or three times a week and myofascial release by massage. I rarely have trigger points flare up. When i do, i go to the chiro and he releases them when he adjusts my c spine.

I learned about chronic myofascial pain from a book (MY FMS BIBLE) Fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain by Devin Starynyl.

I hope that you feel better soon. When you are given a treatment plan that will give you some hope that things will get better, you will have a better outlook. Also, if your family is understanding, that helps immensely. I know it must be very hard with little kids. I, too, sometimes feel so old and worn out. But I feel 90% better than i did at onset 1 1/2 years ago.

Love and Peace,
Donna

Closed Thread