It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

beckym67 HB User
Arrow Thanks a bunch

Thanks for everyone's replies. Tomorrow I see my physiatrist (sp?) Curious of the outcome. I spoke to my mother's sister who's had FM for a good amount of time. She also has a myriad of other health problems. I called to ask her about trigger point injections as well as the pain patch. She suggested I stay away from the patch due to it's being addictive. I'm not sure if I would worry so much about becoming addicted, as narcotics have never been a problem with me. In fact I probably take them less often than I should. I was on Elavil for a short time with my initial diagnosis and found it made me unsteady on my feet, more dizzy, so I discontinued taking it. Hopefully I'll have more to go on after my doctor visit tomorrow. I know elavil is an antidepressant. Hope I didn't confuse anyone. Sorry

God Bless
Becky

Last edited by beckym67; 09-07-2005 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Elavil is not a narcotic

Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Thanks a bunch

hi becky,
i hope your visit with your new shrink went well. i have been learning new ways of being thru the help of a good shrink for years now. these days it is only for maintenance needs that i go once a month. my life is so much more peaceful now that i have good tools for coping and responding to life. the pain is still the pain, only now it does not consume my mind as it did in the beginning. it is an aspect of my being, not the defining factor in who i am.
a good shrink will offer you tools, teach you skills and listen deeply to your words.
please let me know how you feel about your visit.
oops! i forgot to welcome you to our family. i hope you find comfort here.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread