It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User
Question Do you take a multivitamin?

Good afternoon my fibro family!

I just read an article about how beneficial taking a multi-vitamin daily is. A study was done that concluded "without a doubt" that taking multi-vitamins is basically a waste of time. Unless an adult is unhealthy, then the only thing that happens is the body excretes the vitamins.

Personally, I can't take multi-vitamins. They make me feel yucky - worse than usual. I know that some of us will try anything to see if it makes us feel better. More energy, etc.

Any input????

God bless, Jen

Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Do you take a multivitamin?

Jen,

I don't do the mutivitamin thing either, they have things in them that don't fill my needs and not enough of other things. I take individual vitamins that I feel help me, sometimes I try something new and if I think it isn't doing any good I don't take it anymore. I take selenium 200mgs and magniseum and malic acid (not sure of the mgs but up there!) Vitamin A&D and B-complex and vitamin E 400mgs. I've been trying an adrenal stress end tab and CoQ10 and Lutien the jury is still out on those. Since I take thyroid meds every morning, I take my 1000mgs of calcium at night before I go to bed. Calcium is also suppose to be good to help you sleep.

I think the vitamins do help, I know I wouldn't get the calcium and A&D without taking it in vitamins and I really think the magnesium helps the fibro a little and everyone needs the B-complex. I guess I just think vitamins are good if you are responsible and reasonable about them.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

seaturtle HB User

Hello,

I take a multi, along with C and MSM and acidopholus, Omega 3 (flaxseed oil), glucosamine and CoQ10. I don't know if the multi does anything, but I want to make sure I am covered. Haven't noticed any ill effect from it.
I also drink four or more servings of a supplement called Spirutein, which has tons of vitamins and minerals and protein in it. And I eat a healthy diet, too.

I think I've read that the quality of the vitamin has something to do with its absorbtion. The natural ones are supposed to be better.

What happens to you when you take the multi (the yucky part)? I'm just curious.

Peace,

Seaturtle

Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 AM   #4
(female)

DecLady HB User

I choose to take a multi, I also take fish oil capsules which does seem to help with some of the stiffness. I know that with the meds..and the illness, I don't always eat well, so this just insures that I get what I need...I make sure I have one with Vitamin D and calcium in it just in case!

Old 09-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

You know I forgot I do the acidopholis thing too, I obviously forget it a lot and I do the fish oil. I think the fish oil really helps with the joints. I gave up on the glucosamine I don't think it helped that much for me. Just proves how different we all are and how different fibro can be, when different vitamins help us in different ways.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

JenniferEvelynn HB User

Hi everyone...

Thank you for your input.... like Glojer said, this shows how different we all are and how FM affects us differently.

Seaturtle... you asked how the multis make me feel? I feel kind of nauseas (sp?) and weak and fluish - kind of like I feel from FM, but worse. I remember being pregnant and getting the prenatal vitamins... I felt horrible on them so I never took them. I ate healthy then, so I figured I didn't need to be taking something that made me feel bad.

God bless, Jen

Closed Thread