It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

Kerrywm HB User
Peticheal rash/+ANA sound familiar?

Hi!
I posted this on the immune issues board but thought I would try here as well. Any feedback would be wonderful!

Here is my post:

Last July I got piticheal marks on my skin where ever something brushed it. If I scratched and itch, bumped into something, clothes rubbed, etc, I would have pitcheal marks everywhere.. blood red spots under my skins. I still get it even now, although last summer it was the worst its ever been since.

I have an underactive thyroid. I have a positive ANA. I saw a rheumatologist and after the first round of tests the tol met hat it was not impossible but getting harder to pinpoint lupus as the cause of this stuff.

I have not been back to see him since December because my daughter got sick and that took my attention for months (I know, I should not ignore my own situation, but thats just how it played out).

I also saw a dermitologist who biopsied a spot. Basically they both said they could treat my rash sympotms but the side effects of the drug were more serious than this rash itself (doesnt hurt at all or even itch).

My concern is that its been a year and I still get this rash. Surely this isnt normal.

Is this type of rash somethign that is common wiht autoimmune disorders? Has anyone else had a similar experience.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Kerry

Old 09-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Peticheal rash/+ANA sound familiar?

Welcome kerry! Yes I too get things similar to that when I scratch especially if I have been in the sun. I too have a positive ANA but am still waiting for an official diagnosis of whatever may be wrong (lupus, etc.) Do you have joint pain? I take prednisone now for my joint pain. A dermie I say last summer said she would biopsy my rash or itchy places, but I didn't want it done just then, had too many other doc things going on. Goldenwings has some experience with this perhaps she can help you. Have you posted on the Lupus board yet? Veej on that board is very good with skin issues and usually has some great information or a way for you to find it. Good Luck, keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread