It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User
Smile good news to share

hello there my good people, i just wanted to share some great news, i am finally pregnant. i have weaned off most of my meds but have stayed on norco and lunesta for now until i go to my first ob visit on the 26th.
i have been so sick for these past couple of days and throwing up pretty much everything i eat. all the throwing up makes my neck and upper back even worse. at first i was thinking what did i get myself into by getting pregnant and having fibro. i know i am going to be in alot of pain from time to time but i now have come to the conclusion that this is what i really want. at least i stay home now and am able to rest as needed, which is pretty much all day on the couch, along with having a 3 and 6yr old. so far my darling family has been very helpful and i have been able to take it easy for the most part. the pain i go through in the mornning is horrible but i still have to get up and get my 6yr old off to school. when i get home i get my daughter something easy to eat and i lay back down for a couple more hours and then get her ready for a nap and then lay down with her until 2pm when its time to get my son from school. my husband gets off at 3pm so that makes it a little easy for me to take a nap when he gets home. i have also been using heat on my legs because they have been hurting even worse than before.
anyway i just wanted to share my news with my fellow fibromites.
i will be posting back and forth from the pregnancy board to the fibro board.
love all of you, and i hope everyone is in good spirits.
robin (girl75)

Last edited by girl75; 09-13-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
(female)

movin slo HB User
Talking Re: good news to share

girl75,
Congrats!! Hope you have a healthy pregnacy.Best wishs to you and yours.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: good news to share

Congratulations,

I hope you have a easy pregnancy and your FM goes into remision. My DiL has Fm, not svere and said she felt better during her pregnancy so I am hoping the same for you. That little bundle of joy will be worth anything though.

Love, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 09-14-2005, 06:41 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

dearest robin,
many blessings little mother. have you tried the soda cracker and water thing the minute you wake up? i used to keep the crackers and water right by the bed and would pop two crackers and a couple of swallows of water before getting up. my grandmother taught me this. i went thru my whole pregnancy without vomiting once. got nauseated alot and the smell of food cooking really made me queasy.
keep us posted on how you are doing. remember you really do need to get out walking and stay limber. i know you are tired, however, come labor time you will be very glad you stayed active. take your sweet 3 year old for a short walk after breakfast. you will both find golden moments to treasure forever on those little walks.
lecture over, giggle. now, if you would be so kind, please place your hands on your tummy and tell baby this lady on the lake welcomes our new human. tell baby there are so many wonderful sights and sounds and smells to explore. most of all tell baby the stories of love. now rub your tummy and allow me to gift a universe of love to this new little human. hi baby!!
i am off for two weeks on oct 1 to help my daughter jackie with her first child. she is due the 8th of october. i hope to be there for the birthing. babies come when they are ready.
water, vitamins, fresh veggies, fruit, EXERCISE (giggle), gentle thoughts, kind words, and of course . . .
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #5
(female)

Lost Robin HB User

Congratulations Robin!

I think you are a wonderful, courageous woman to take on such a challenge at this point in your life. I give you all the credit in the world. Being a mother of 3 children myself, I can certainly understand why you want this so much. My children are the most important part of my life and where I get and give almost all of my love and happiness.

Please keep us posted!

Love and best wishes,

Robin

Old 09-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

thank you so much my beautiful ladies. such wonderful words, i want to cry while i read them.
BLL, give that little angel lots of hugs and kiss for me. you are going to have so much fun.
love,
robin

Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Congratulations!!!!!
There is something about those little ones that take the pain away and make life worthwhile. Our children are grown, but that 3yr old grandson lights up our world!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

My Dearest Robin,

My love and congratulations to you. You have brightened my day.

goldenwings

Old 09-15-2005, 06:55 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

oh, girlfriends! we are having a baby in our family. we get to be aunties!!!
thank you robin. being a granny is the best. my children are the children of others by birth. they are mine by love and choice. give all your babies a hug from this lady on the lake.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-15-2005, 07:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Blue,

I am the oldest so I get to be the Grandma, will be 64 on the 25th of Sept. Well you know what since I admire you so much with your attitude to overcome and all the help you give everyone on the board, you can be the Grandma and I will be the Great Grandma. You do the diaper changing and I will do the cuddling.

Robin, is this alright with you, we have adopted your baby already? Keep us posted and have a happy pregnancy.

Yikes, I am so excited about being a Great Grandma I forgot to sign my name.

Great grandma, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Last edited by pa235; 09-15-2005 at 07:27 AM.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

sorry pa, bilij is the oldest. she is 70 something. no diaper changing for me. i am too sensitive to smell. we would have a much bigger mess to clean up if i did, giggle!
besides you are only 14 years older than i am. you can be my big sister and let's share that granny thing and find one of our young ones for the diaper duty!
oh robin, thank you for sharing your life with us.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

sorry pa, bilij is the oldest. she is 70 something. no diaper changing for me. i am too sensitive to smell. we would have a much bigger mess to clean up if i did, giggle!
besides you are only 14 years older than i am. you can be my big sister and let's share that granny thing and find one of our young ones for the diaper duty!
oh robin, thank you for sharing your life with us.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. happy birthday early pa!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:42 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

I will do the wet ones, we will let Robin do the messy ones, she has to get experience for the next baby.

Thanks for the B-day wish. You mean there is someone older than me, wow. Bilij, Hi there. You are going to be the Great Great Grandma.

Boy, Robin you baby is going to have a lot of relatives on this board.

Love to all, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Last edited by pa235; 09-15-2005 at 07:46 AM.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:53 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

with two other kids i think robin may be tired of diaper changing. giggle!
blue
ps. i see i double posted. must be a dork day!

Old 09-16-2005, 05:25 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

girl75 HB User

you know what, we have been buying diapers for 6yrs now and its probably going to be 3 more yrs still, hopefully less. my son was 3 yrs old when my daughter was born and was still in diapers and my daughter will be 3 in october and she is still in diapers. she does go sometimes in the potty but so thats a good start.
DIAPERS, DIAPERS AND MORE DIAPERS!!!!!!!!
i love all of yall to pieces,
robin

Closed Thread