It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

shelif HB User
I Need Help!!!

I Am New Here And Very Scared To Do This. I Don't Know Where Else To Turn. I'm 42 And I Have Had Theses Symptoms Off And On For Years Now. I Have So Many Sore Areas In My Body..i Ache So Bad ..some Days I Can Hardly Stand The Pain. My Neck ...all Over..i Have A Fever Some Days...my Glands Swell And I Get Knots Under My Arms. I Get So Tired Some Days I Can Hardly Move Myself From One Position To Another. I Have Been To The Doctor On And Off Through The Years And You Are Just Written Off As "it's All In Your Head" Or You Are Drug Addict Looking For Pain Pills. This Has Put Me In A Place That I Don't Even Try To Explain Anymore. I Take Tylenol With No Relief And I No Longer Can Take Motrin...it Runs My Blood Pressure Up..i've Tried Aleve And Various Other Otc Meds.
Am I Crazy...is It All In My Head... Please Help!!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: I Need Help!!!

shelif, first let me welcome you to our family.
no, honey it is not all in your head. it is in your body and it can affect your head when you go unheard and unhelped.
i would like to suggest you go see a rheumatologist. you will have to make your md refer you. remember you pay your doctors bills, you doctor does not pay yours. puts you in a place of power, yes?
sounds like it may be time to shop for a new pc md too. get that referral first then fire the doctor. i have done it and it feels great. shop around just like you would for anything else in life.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
(female)

shelif HB User

Thank You Bluelakelady...encouragement Is Wonderful And To Read All These Things Coming From Others Lets Me Know That I Wasnt Crazy All Along..thanks For The The Great Advice And The Welcome...have A Blessed Day!!!!! Shelif

Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
(female)

ebonnies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelif
I Am New Here And Very Scared To Do This. I Don't Know Where Else To Turn. I'm 42 And I Have Had Theses Symptoms Off And On For Years Now. I Have So Many Sore Areas In My Body..i Ache So Bad ..some Days I Can Hardly Stand The Pain. My Neck ...all Over..i Have A Fever Some Days...my Glands Swell And I Get Knots Under My Arms. I Get So Tired Some Days I Can Hardly Move Myself From One Position To Another. I Have Been To The Doctor On And Off Through The Years And You Are Just Written Off As "it's All In Your Head" Or You Are Drug Addict Looking For Pain Pills. This Has Put Me In A Place That I Don't Even Try To Explain Anymore. I Take Tylenol With No Relief And I No Longer Can Take Motrin...it Runs My Blood Pressure Up..i've Tried Aleve And Various Other Otc Meds.
Am I Crazy...is It All In My Head... Please Help!!
I would consider bluelakelady,advice.

On the Fatigue:
I would ask the doctor to do" A Complete Liver Panel Test"
To Rule Out Liver Failure.

Stiff muscles
Carisoprodola 350 mg(also known as Soma) is great drug for people who are having painfull muscle spasms,muscle tensing up feeling rock hard.

Wygesic for a pain reliever,it has a hint of narcotic,combined with a analgesic.

Sincerely Bonnie

Old 09-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Just want to welcome you to the board. I agree you should see a rhummy for a dx and go from there. I know my pain is not in my head it is all over my body and I am sure yours is real also.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 09-15-2005, 09:22 AM   #6
(female)

shelif HB User

thanks to everyone!! for all the advice...i can't believe i have suffered in such silence and isolation all this time..what a wonderful thing this is to be able to dicuss and offer our encouragement to each other... thanks again!!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome shelif and all the other newbies. This is a great place to share and to get help post whenever you need something or just want to offer words of encouragement.

Closed Thread