It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User
Amitryptaline and FM

Has anyone tried amitryptaline for FM and the anxiety that goes with FM? If you have, what side effects did you have?

I've been on it for a week with terrible side effects and was wondering did any of you get relief, in body and mind, from this med?

Thanks,
Hopeful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: Amitryptaline and FM

hi, what sort of side effects have you have? what dose? i have had before and was fine, now i have been diagnosed with fibro and have these but im scared to take as got lots of side effects. xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2005, 05:33 AM   #3
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User

Hi apriltones,

I'm taking 25mg at night. My side effects have been, terrible drowsiness, increased anxiety in situations that didnt cause anxiety before(even though I suffer from general anxiety), heartburn and nausea-most likely because of gastritis I had but it was better until beginning these tabs a week ago. And I've gained 5lbs in the past week and I haven't changed my eating habits at all! I seem to be feeling all the bad effects and no good effects yet.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

did you read the side effect before taking 9it? xx

Old 09-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

it does cause weight gain in alot of people , it did on me. but i do sleep much better with it and other than a dry mouth, i dont have any more side effects. i think if you do decide to take them just remember that the grogginess will go away eventually as your body gets used to it. i dont know about the other side effects youre having tho, i suggest you talk to the doc about these, as its an antidepressant and should help with the anxiety but if in your case its not maybe you need to talk to him about it and let him know about the nausea and heartburn. maybe he can give you something else instead. i know im quite happy with it, not the weight gain but the help that it gives me with a deeper sleep.

Old 09-16-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
(female)

lovethesun HB User

It reacts differently on different people.I got that awful anxiety too,but on me it acted like I had a dozen cups of coffee.I felt like I could stay awake for days.I had to switch to trazadone and after finding the right dosage it worked for me.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:43 AM   #7
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User

Jenetti, How long did it take before you started to sleep well on the tabs?

I'm on them 9 days now and I'm finding that I get to sleep really easy because of the grogginess but then I'm waking during the night and also dreaming every night,so the tabs haven't helped my sleep.

Before taking them my only problem with sleep was waking early but that was ok because I had slept during the night!

Did anyone find that they helped FM symptoms and anxiety?

Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi, i havent took them yet. i was too worried. i went on them years ago and was fine though, i didnt have fibro then xx

Closed Thread