It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

smackliet HB User
Kaiser's medication preferances

Hi all, I am fairly new here, I read all the time but don't post often. I seems when i do i get very little or no responcr. But I will keep trying. I have a question to any others who deal with Kaiser. My oc resticts what she will let me try just because of her preferance. If I want to try something she will say I don't rx that med. Its frusterating because it limit my options. I am in PM classes and we talk about treatment options, and my doc sent me to these classes. But when i make a sugestion from a class discussion ( like trying a pain patch) she just says "i dont rx that" She is stuck on just a small group of meds. Amd i am not getting any relief. I have been trying to get the right mix for more than a year. Is this a common thing with Kaiser or is it just my doc?? I went 5 years with no treatment i just lived with it. But 2 years ago my pain level really jumped and now I haven't worked for a year and a half.
The pain just keeps getting worse too.

Old 09-17-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

Mikiboots HB User
Re: Kaiser's medication preferances

I don't think it's Kaiser as I have it too. It's probably your doctor. Some are more understanding of your condition than others. Ask the people in your group who they would recommend? If you can, change doctors.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

ruralsunflower HB User

is Kaier a HMO? Never had a HMO alway a PPO with a group of medical care professionals to choose from. Sometimes it hard to find a good fit with Dr. Keep trying, there is too many meds to suffer as much as you are with no relief.
Good Luck

Old 09-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello smackliet,

Firstly, may I say that it is most unsual for our fibro family here not to respond to anyone needing help. I am sure now that things will be better in that respect.

Secondly, I cannot comment on Kaiser as I do not know anything about them. The thing I will say is that any doctor who is limiting you to pain medications or refusing help in any way, is so very wrong and not the person you should be consulting for help with your situation as it is.

Please do your best to find another doctor that is willing to listen to you and hear what you are saying. You cannot go on with this amount of pain and you do need an understanding and compassionate doctor on your side. I do so help that this is something you can look into and soon.

Please come back again and let us know how you are going on with this.

Take care.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 09-17-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

An article in our local newspaper a few weeks ago said that the FDA is urging Drs. and people who have chronic pain to use OTC meds, because of damaging side effect to the pain meds. May be a reason, but I have no idea what your Drs reasoning is.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 09-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
(female)

smackliet HB User

Thank you for your quick responce. I am really getting tired of hurting. But to be fair she is just a PA and has to abide by the the rules of the Dr she works under. My pain has been progrssive though and she did nothing to make sure there wasn't something new going on until my chyro took an exray of my neck and found degenerative arthritus well my worse pain is pelvis hips and low back and then the neck pain. So after 2 years it took my chyro to modivate her to xray my low back and hips. Of corse she then went on vacation for a month so i dont know what the results are. The good news is she referred me to a rhumitologist before she left.
I will see her on wednesday. Man I would so love an answer! I will be switching to an actual md. No more PA's I don't want any limits to my care. I just hate starting over. Its always a gamble.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:36 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I know what you mean by starting over, but sometimes to get the care we need we have to make the choice. I agree with goldenwings, if you are not getting the care you deserve from one doc and you have tried all the communication angles to get your point across then it is time to move on to another doc. No one should be in pain when modern medicine has given us so many options!!

Closed Thread