It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User
Smile Newbe

FONY=BOOKANTIQUASIXE 2COLOR=DARKSLATEBLUEB
HI WRITING FOR MY WIFE WHO HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO FOR 8 YRS, SUFFURED LONGER UNTIL SHE GOT A SMART DOC. LATELY SHE BEEN IN A LOT OF PAIN MAINLY THE NECK SHOULDERS AND ARMS. (SHE DOES WORRY ALOT) SHE IS VERY THANKFUL I'VE TAKEN SUCH AND INTEREST IN THE REASEACH OF FIBRO AND EVEN FOUND OUT THINGS SHE DIDN'T KNOW. I'VE READ ABOUT VITAMIN SUPP AND ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING ELSE MAN CAN THINK OF. SHE'S CURRENTLY ON PAQSEL AND ZANEX. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANKS SOFT HUGS TO ALL
M.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
(female)

smackliet HB User
Re: Newbe

Well,hope getting the right care helps her. Its nice of you to typ for her.My arms and shoulders ache too. My hubby thinks I spend to mch time on this site so I know he wouldnt do it. But i find it so helpful. Is she taking anything for pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2005, 06:14 AM   #3
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User

not now. the doc has had her on a few meds but they don't really get to the core. the real prob is they knock her out. she tries to be indepentent that she feels worthless if she can't do things for herself. we've only been married for 5 months and she's just now realizing she can depend on me and still do things for herself. the docshe's seeing is very comationate and understanding and is doing his best but i know there is something out there that can help or at least ease the pain. she's also on high blood presure meds.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi and welcome.

You must have researched fm since you are sending soft hugs, we sure cannot take the bear hugs.

I cannot tolerate the meds that help due to the side effects and the meds I can take do nothing. I use a lot of warm moist heat. I have pain running along my shoulders in my back and into my arms right now also lot of sore areas on the upper chest.

Does your wife have any of Devin Starlyns books on Fm and myofascal pain, she is a Dr. who had these dd herself. It is a very useful guide book for us.

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 09-23-2005, 07:04 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

welcome to our family. i know you both will find good friends here. there really is no pill that will kick the pain without knocking you out. all you can do is find something that takes the edge off and you can still function.
are you taking your good and gentle wife to a rheumatologist? a knowledgeable doctor will know how to start dear wife on the path to finding the right blend of medicines, herbs, suppliments and diet and exercise changes. i suggest aquatic physical therapy in a heated pool for that pain. i do it as well as get massage therapy. deep tissue massage hurts like crazy. but oh the relief you get later. so worth it.
peace,
bluelakelady
i applaud your participation in your wifes reality. it is not an easy journey to make. having a friend to walk with, to lean on, and to hold you, is a gift. i have a strong feeling you will find the balance between your wifes independence and her health needs.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:26 AM   #6
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User

Thanks To All For The Suggestions. We'll Keep In Touch And Let You Know The Outcome. In The Mean Time, I'll Keep Hammering Away Until We Find Something That Works. To The Better Half, Even Taking The Edge Off Will Be Wwlcome Relief. Fibro Hugs

Old 09-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Welcome to the board, already you have had some very good suggestions. Perhaps a muscle relaxer at night could help. For vitamins are you using magnesium and malic acid, that is a good vitamin to take and a good B complex vitamin.

Glojer

Old 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User

We,ve Looked Into That Possiblity Too. The Only Prob Is Hitting The Right Doseage. She Sees The Doc Fri And Plans To Talk And Ask Q's He A Good Listener And She Likes Him. She Also Thinking About A Rhumatologist But A Good One Is Hard To Find In Jax, Fl. Soft Hugs To All Matt

Old 09-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #9
(female)

smackliet HB User

I have kaiser and they sent me to a pain managment class. It is so helpful. Do you have anything like that available through your provider? At the end of the cass they help you with a plan to controll pain. Also the teach about resources and suggestions like using the memory foam mattress toppers. This one helped me so much. At costco the king size was 129 I think.So worth it.
The classes are excellent for support as well.

Last edited by smackliet; 09-23-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

stick2013 HB User

I am so glad that your wife has you to help her out. This board is also a nice place to visit for encouragement, hugs, and Info. I also am a newbie, but feel right at home. What will help your wife???? Warm soaks, moist heat, Calcium, magnesium, vit. B complex, excercise, and most of all SLEEP! Which I might add, eludes most of us.

I have a wonderful nurse practioner that I see, she has Lupus so she is aware of the pain we suffer. So I am currently taking Soma, Darvocet, Cymbalta,and Trazodone. When the pain is really bad, I have Vicodin that I can take. Nothing works for all, so it's a hit or miss thing, for each of us.

I also have the memory foam topper but I also sleep on an air mattress, instead of a regular bed. For 20 yrs, I had a waterbed.

I have had Fibro (diagnosed)for 7 yrs, but was in pain for a long time before that. I wish her luck, and all of us with Fibro a good nights sleep, and a pain free day.

Old 09-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Good luck Matt on getting your wife the help she needs. She is very lucky to have you in her corner I'm sure between the two of you, you will come up with some solutions. It is nice she has a doc she likes and will listen, that is a lot of the battle right there.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #12
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User

I Want To Take Time To Thank Each And Everyone For Their Suggestions And Warmth. The Better Half Is Having A Really Bad Day. So Bad That The Doc Called In A Scrip For Anti-inflamatory Meds For Her. But When She Read The Replies, She Smiled. She Now Knows She's Not Crazy And Alone In The World. And You've All Helped Me Understand And Well. Maybe More Spouses Shuold Do This For Their Loved Ones. Thanks Again And More To Come Later. Matt

Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

dear friend,
those hard days happen. thankfully they also end. you are not alone nor are you crazy. feels good to know that doesn't it?
know that here you are loved as you are. come on the bad days and come on the good days. we will support you during the rough times and count on you to support us on our rough days. together we create a web of love, compassion and security.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #14
(female)

HUBBYLUVSME HB User

Just To Let All Know, The Wife's Doing Better. Had A Rough Night But Came Home From Work With A Smile So I Knew She Was Doing Better. She Knows She Can't Fool Me. Her Eyes Give Her Away. So Now The Doc Has Her On Paxil, Nabumetone (nsaid) Lisinopril For Her Hbp And Xanax At Night. Now What I'd Like To Do Is Weed Her Off All This And Go Vitamines If Poss.. I Will Find A Way. Soft Hug All Around Matt

Old 09-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

Hi Matt,
So glad to hear your wife is doing better. I think most of us are either on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety drugs. The pain meds I cannot handle so only use tyenol and otc's and only when I really have too, I do take a anti-anxiety drug and use lots of moist heat.

Hugs To You both, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Closed Thread